20lb Braid To 40lb Leader - What Knot?

hcwang

hi raiders

never used line this heavy before so I was wondering what knot I should use?

I'll be using it to spin x-raps from the shore, probably using 1m of 40lb black magic (enough?)

is a double uni enough? Or should i go albright?

I like to use the slim beauty knot, the tags on the knot do not catch on to the guides during casting.

Albright is good for your 20lb main to 40lb leader. I never really liked using double uni knot for leaders, it's okay for attaching the backing though.

I use that sometimes, 20lb braid to 40lb mono, I use an Improved Albright,

get it right and you wont break it is such a strong knot..

how's it travel through the guides ray?

I like to use the slim beauty knot, the tags on the knot do not catch on to the guides during casting.

Albright is good for your 20lb main to 40lb leader. I never really liked using double uni knot for leaders, it's okay for attaching the backing though.

i've been using double unis for 10lb line to 8lb vanish.. its okay i guess. Wouldnt mind it being more low profile

Edited by cfw

I use the double uni for the finer diameters (upto 8lb braid/12 lb leader), and the albright for the heavier line classes that you mention. I find the albright is a smaller profile knot, and doesn't 'clunk' through the guides :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

I always use a double uni but it sounds like the albright is the go.

Can anyone send a diagram or explain how to do an albright? I did a search on FR with no sucess.

Thanks

check on youtube thats what im doing :) impossible to tie if someone explained it with words haha

doesnt look that hard to tie

im going to try the improved albright... first gotta take the 15lb off my spool and put the 20lb on