Vincentia Boat Ramp

the1murph

Hey guys doing a bit more research on Jervis Bay and we are thinking of now staying in Vincentia due to the quality of the ramp at Currarong. Has anyone used this ramp in Vincentia? I had a look on google street view it looks ooook, is it accessible at all tides? We will be in a 5.6m boat

Any info would be great because I cant find any online.

Cheers

Jack

Hello Kingy Kid,

I have not launched at the Vincentia ramp so can't help. However both the Callala Bay and Murray Beach ramps are good. Both require a bit of a drive from Vincentia though.

Ive heard you can only launch at Callala Bay with a high tide.... do you know the best place to stay for using the Murray Beach Ramp? It looks a bit isolated on google.

Jack

Hello Jack,

Yeah Callala Bay is a bit shallow however we sucessfully launched and retrived a 5.7 sports rider type boat there recently.

For Murray's beach it is a bit of a drive (say 20 - 30 mins from Huskisson). Maybe trying to find somewhere near Hyams Beach to saty would be a go.

Sorry i can't be more helpful.

Cheers

Tim

Hello Jack,

Yeah Callala Bay is a bit shallow however we sucessfully launched and retrived a 5.7 sports rider type boat there recently.

For Murray's beach it is a bit of a drive (say 20 - 30 mins from Huskisson). Maybe trying to find somewhere near Hyams Beach to saty would be a go.

Sorry i can't be more helpful.

Cheers

Tim

Nah mate much appreciated thanks heaps ill check it out.

Jack

Nah mate much appreciated thanks heaps ill check it out.

Jack

Hi jack

I stay at vicentia all the time the ramp is ok but it is a rock ramp with only little concrete on it .

If the wind is from the east you will have lots of problems but anything from the south is ok .

if your happy to get a little wet the ramp will be ok , the only reason i dont use that ramp is that it has no cover and is a good boat ride to the heads.

Murrays boat ramp is only 15 mins away and is much better and safer to use.plus it is only a five min boat ride to the heads .

cheers

Richard

Hi jack

I stay at vicentia all the time the ramp is ok but it is a rock ramp with only little concrete on it .

If the wind is from the east you will have lots of problems but anything from the south is ok .

if your happy to get a little wet the ramp will be ok , the only reason i dont use that ramp is that it has no cover and is a good boat ride to the heads.

Murrays boat ramp is only 15 mins away and is much better and safer to use.plus it is only a five min boat ride to the heads .

cheers

Richard

Hi Richard, im stayin down there around the same time as Jack, and i got a 560 quinnie spirit. So you think that murrays ramp is the go? Is that on the same side of the bay as Vincentia?

Thanks mate,

James

Hi Richard, im stayin down there around the same time as Jack, and i got a 560 quinnie spirit. So you think that murrays ramp is the go? Is that on the same side of the bay as Vincentia?

Thanks mate,

James

i think we are gonna stay at hyams beach now its closer to murrays ramp and that ramp looks way better from google..... it has a little breakwall as well I think... thats what it looks like on google and its right next to the heads so im thinkng thats the go. Yer mate its on the same side...... (at governor head)

Jack

James and Jack, best place to stay is Vincentia theres plenty of accom from caravan parks to renting out a house. The boat ramp in Vincentia is only good if you have a 4WD and as long the wind dont come from the E/NE. You have the option of using Murrays which is 20 mins drive and you must pay park entry but very close to the heads or you can use Wollimia boat ramp which is only 10 mins towards husky and has a wash down area and cleaning tables but is a long run across the bay. If going outside I use murrays but if staying in the bay I use woolly. Best of luck and cheers.

Silvo - Bentstik

Will be down there fishing the Whitesands Tourny on the 26 27 28 29 and 30 of Nov

i think we are gonna stay at hyams beach now its closer to murrays ramp and that ramp looks way better from google..... it has a little breakwall as well I think... thats what it looks like on google and its right next to the heads so im thinkng thats the go. Yer mate its on the same side...... (at governor head)

Jack

All the same not much different between hyams and vincentia you are talking about five or ten minutes

cheers

richard

All the same not much different between hyams and vincentia you are talking about five or ten minutes

cheers

richard

There is nothing at Hyams beside a beach and a few houses. Vincentia and Husky are more acustomed to travelling anglers.