Yamaha 40hp

Steve O

Currently i have a 40hp 2001 model yamaha 2 stroke outboard. It doesnt have trim however and i find that this can be a pain when i'm launching and retrieving by myself because i injured my back recently. I looked into buying a electric trim unit, but found it was nearly $600 at best plus installation. I was thinking it may be better to just buy another motor with this already installed on it. I wasnt sure how much to try and sell my motor for however and i dont want to not be able to afford another one once its gone though. Any ideas?

p.s this motor is not for sale and i'm not trying to sell it at this time.

Thanks

Steve

Hey there Steve O

My back is still ok, however, I am more the lazy fisher. I have a 25 hp Johnston and when approaching the boat Ramp, whilst still in forward motion I flick the leaver on the motor to shallow drive and with the motor at an Idle I knock it into Reverse and increase the Idle just enough to lift the motor locking it into the shallow drive Position. I do the same when moving away from the boat Ramp into deeper water to lower the motor. I don't believe that this is harmful for the motor as it is a smooth action and is achieved without excessively revving the motor. However if it is harmful I am sure that someone here will be only too willing to tell me so. :thumbup: