What Are Raiders Doing On The Weekend?

tan the fisherman

Gday Raiders,

Well after some scorching heat last Sunday, it looks like rain this weekend.

What are you all up to Raiders?

Me - I was going to paint a fence, put up some screening and pour some concrete.

Looks like I'll be staying in and having a beer or two.

So who's doing what this weekend?

Weather permitting, we'll be searching the shallows for flathead in the morning, then tossing some unweighted plastics over the weedbeds for some feisty bream :thumbup:

Good luck to those competing in the yak comp and the Hawkesbury Classic this weekend!

Cheers

Hodgey

Weather permitting... I'll be wishing I was Hodgey, stalking the shallows for Flatties :biggrin2:

Going to try to go for a wander along some nice looking shoreline in the broadwater with :wife: if I get the chance on Sunday... just for a bit of a prospect and to try out my new Lox rod.

Cheers, Slinky

Laying low this weekend and spending some quality time with Mrs Swordie as I am off to Glenbawn next week for a few days.

Might have to run down to Greenwell Point and pick up a mates Plate boat for him as he has fallen very ill :(

Regards Stewy

not sure about tomorrow

chasing kings and bonnies on sunday

Hey Framed,

Just noticed you were in Northern Suburbs, Do you use the Pittwater boat ramp? I am thinking of giving Pittwater a bash this weekend but have never been / used the ramp there.

Cheers

Edited by FishDrought

Heading back to Gladesville area after a successful night last night with fish on the chew constantly.

Will be fishing from 1am Sunday mornign until just after sun-up, then go home and sink a few tinnies and then have a nanna nap me thinks

Chasing Bream, Flatties and Trevs from one of my favourite wharves with fresh yakkas and pillies, might even try for a Jewie with a nice butterflied yakka

BRING IT ON!

Hey Framed,

Just noticed you were in Northern Suburbs, Do you use the Pittwater boat ramp? I am thinking of giving Pittwater a bash this weekend but have never been / used the ramp there.

Cheers

Yeh Bayview boat ramp is my home ground

2 very good ramps lots of car parking

but bring change as its pay to park

I bought a boat (a 4m Stacer runabout with 25hp Yamaha) last week and would like to take it for my first run tomorrow if I can manage it. I don't know if I will manage it, as I'm not real organised yet but maybe I can get out without the real serious fishing session I was hoping for.

As I am unlikely to manage an early start, I am tossing up between my old stamping ground Botany Bay/Georges river - launching at Kyeemagh as I think this has better parking but is an hour away (less hills for the Kombi though :)) - or relatively unfamiliar territory, Berowra Creek - launching at Berowra Waters (closer but more hills).

I hope to see how the boat & motor runs, work out the Fishfinder and marine radio etc. Maybe I'll juts throw a few lures in just in case.

Fingers crossed...

Baz

Weather permitting... I'll be wishing I was Hodgey, stalking the shallows for Flatties :biggrin2:

Going to try to go for a wander along some nice looking shoreline in the broadwater with :wife: if I get the chance on Sunday... just for a bit of a prospect and to try out my new Lox rod.

Cheers, Slinky

New Lox rod??

Please tell us about it!

(bloody tackle junkies!)

had hoped for my runabout to have been sold by now so i could put the haines in the driveway an start the fitout and modding... didnt think it would be this long but thems the breaks i suppose :05:

the rain prob woulda killed any serious boat work anyhows...

might see if i can sneak in a sunday fish in pittwater...

good luck to all braving this silly weather...

cheers....steve......

On Sunday will finish packing the car and re check fishing gear(always leaving something behind), hook up the boat then off to Greenwell Point for a full week of fishing (weather permitting. Hope to be putting some reports in as i have been very slack lately.

Sam