Gladesville Firing Last Night

jewiehaven

Went to Parra River last night around Gladesville area with my good mate Eddie.

Fished from 11:30 until 5am this morning.

Tried hard for yakkas but they just werent on the chew so we got no livies to chase Jewies which was out primary goal.

As a consolation I nailed a 44cm Flattie, a 40cm Taylor and a 34cm Bream all on pillie

Flattie and Taylor was on the trusy old sibiki rig and the rest on the Ed secret rig, all fish fought really well and the Taylor was a big surprise.

caught another 2 flatties and one was just legal, but were returned to the water, and nailed 4 more undersized Bream

Eddie got a MONSTER 71cm Flattie and a nice 31cm Bream, plus a swag of undersized Bream.

As the tide about to turn at 4am the yakkas come out to play, got 8 or so very quickly on the drop tide, gave 2 to Eddie for livies and kept the rest for bait for tomorrow.

I finally got the monkey off my back after a few sessions going home fishless.

Great fun on light gear and as usual Eddie is great company and a good mate

Sorry lads, no piccies was too busy "reelin em in" ... to be bothered, has to be one of the hottest bites I have experienced in a long time in this area.

Hi Guys, when is the best time for jew fish fishing, is it 3 days before and after the full moon? or just go anytime on the turn of hight tide.

3 days before and 3 days after are the best, but I have gotten all my Jewies on the full moon phase, on a 1.65m high tide and prefereably at or just after midnight.

*** Bear in mond all of my Jewies have come from the beaches except one which was from Lane Cove River and was caught on a strip of chicken breast with tuna oil.

All of mine have some within the first hour before or after a high tide.

I have never fished for them on a low tide.

Hope this helps, but its a hard slog chasing Jewies and lots of fishless nights in bitterly cold conditions in the middle of winter- but thankfully now the water is warming up they are moving out of the upstream areas and back into the channels and in the harbours and on beaches.

I have "the spot" just need the persistence and right live bait I know it is going to happen soon, has to happen soon.

Hope to see a few Raiders out and about soon, if you are passing the Gladesville area PM me am always up to meet new people and try a few different areas and techniques.

Good luck!

Sounds Like you and your mate had a blast...

Its good to have sessions when the bite is hot...

are you still going out Saturday night???

I don't know yet but if I am free might consider tagging along...

I'm going out tonight to try get a couple of squid and yakkas, will see how I go,

Regards,

Nathan

3 days before and 3 days after are the best, but I have gotten all my Jewies on the full moon phase, on a 1.65m high tide and prefereably at or just after midnight.

*** Bear in mond all of my Jewies have come from the beaches except one which was from Lane Cove River and was caught on a strip of chicken breast with tuna oil.

All of mine have some within the first hour before or after a high tide.

I have never fished for them on a low tide.

Hope this helps, but its a hard slog chasing Jewies and lots of fishless nights in bitterly cold conditions in the middle of winter- but thankfully now the water is warming up they are moving out of the upstream areas and back into the channels and in the harbours and on beaches.

I have "the spot" just need the persistence and right live bait I know it is going to happen soon, has to happen soon.

Hope to see a few Raiders out and about soon, if you are passing the Gladesville area PM me am always up to meet new people and try a few different areas and techniques.

Good luck!

ITS ON!! Will contact you jewiehaven!