Long Reef Tomorrow 08/11/09

delta hbar

Hi Raiders,

I've been reading some reports which have the seas pretty bad at the moment.

Any thoughts on a trip tomorrow or should I give it a miss?

Thanks.

Dave.

Hi dace just jumped on for the same reason myself. The weather report says 10-15 knotes NEN with 1.5m swell.... But wantes to see if anyone went out today. Where will you be launching from

James

i fish longy fairly often and tomorrow it is e ese and 1.5meter swell i find any east wind above 10kn makes it fairly sloppy place to fish and i'm waiting for the wind to go nw witch will smooth it out wednsday is looking the pick off the week and would also be a good time to hit the fad for a looksy

but if you have to go then you have to go good luck were ever you fish if it turns to shit just inside north head has plenty off trevs for a bit off fun

cheers gary

Edited by brickman

Just got back from a harbour run after some squid for dinner. Running across between south and north head had some swell pushing threw and I'd hate to be punching into it, the wind over night I think will push it up even more. The wind this morning was predicted the same for today and tomorrow with similar conditions on seabreeze. Evan and I both agreed today we would have pulled the pin if we were out there and were very glad we were only chasing squid.

Just make sure you have plan B if you do go.

Hi Raiders,

I've been reading some reports which have the seas pretty bad at the moment.

Any thoughts on a trip tomorrow or should I give it a miss?

Thanks.

Dave.

hey guys , headed out to longy this arvo around 3 for a soft plastic fish extremely choppy out there with a fast drift hard to stay in contact with the plastic but we still managed a couple of reds and rats but it was hard work, wouldnt recommend it unless you dont mind gettin wet and the odd spew

G'Day all,

Thanks for the tips.

Going to risk it and see what happens when we get to north head.

Jim, I'll be launching at Rose Bay.

Boat is a 625 Cruisecraft Explorer.

Hopefully have something worth reporting tomorrow night.

Dave.

Edited by delta hbar

G'Day all,

Thanks for the tips.

Going to risk it and see what happens when we get to north head.

Jim, I'll be launching at Rose Bay.

Boat is a 625 Cruisecraft Explorer.

Hopefully have something worth reporting tomorrow night.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

didn't end up going.... I hope you gopy out and got amongst some fish

James

The President, Mr Dogus, the Professor and I went out today. Conditions were not all that bad, have seen worse, but not ideal.

Nothing doin at the wrecks, came in closer to 24 metres of water, burley hard for some kingfish. Got busted off by one thumper.

Also got busted up by what appeared to be quite a large snapper.

It was a hard day at the office, looking forward to the next 3 months, long reef should come good. :1fishing1:

G'Day raiders,

We got out there today. Around the heads were a little sloppy but persisted. Was a little calmer as we headed north.

At North Head, we found some birds working and as I tied on the 10gm lure, about 5 boats also saw them. A couple of casts and nothing and with the seas like a washing machine pushed on.

Up at Long Reef we fished in about 20m drifting. The drift was east to west. Probably should have anchored but we managed to find a couple of fish.

Finished up with 5 snapper ranging from 35-45cm.

Usual rubbish sweep and wrasse stealing baits.

Allday, you're right about the odd spew, some of us were a little green around the gills.

Butch, there was one boat which managed a big king, I think they were trolling though. Not sure if they were raiders or not.

Wasn't fantastic seas but it's always good to get out for a fish.

Edited by delta hbar

G'Day raiders,

We got out there today. Around the heads were a little sloppy but persisted. Was a little calmer as we headed north.

At North Head, we found some birds working and as I tied on the 10gm lure, about 5 boats also saw them. A couple of casts and nothing and with the seas like a washing machine pushed on.

Up at Long Reef we fished in about 20m drifting. The drift was east to west. Probably should have anchored but we managed to find a couple of fish.

Finished up with 5 snapper ranging from 35-45cm.

Usual rubbish sweep and wrasse stealing baits.

Allday, you're right about the odd spew, some of us were a little green around the gills.

Butch, there was one boat which managed a big king, I think they were trolling though. Not sure if they were raiders or not.

Wasn't fantastic seas but it's always good to get out for a fish.

Well done Dave..... always great to get on the water, and getting a good feed was a bonus.... Baits or SPs?