American Pricing

hammerhead

Hi Guys,

I don't post to often but I log in everyday to see whats new, loving reading some peoples experiences and reports makes me feel not alone on those days I tally a big dohnut....

Anyway, I was searching the net for something around the 3000 or 4000 mark to handle the bigger soft plastics I have a 2500 SOL I use to death and have caught some fish on it that I probably shouldnt have.

I came across the american pricing for the australian daiwa heartland equivalents and it is somewhere close to half the cost of what we would expect to pay locally.

Is it just me or does it seem less and less likely that Australians are going to buy locally? I paid over 300 shmackers for my Sol a few years back but after seeing some pricing available over seas would be tentative to do it again.

i import quite abit of stuff from the states

recently got a new rod and saved over $300 by importing it

ofcourse there are downsides to this like warranty but with the money i saved if any thing goes wrong i can pay to get it repaired and still come up ahead

but for all other tackle i like to shop at my local to keep the money in OZ i dont mind paying a little extra for tackle to keep the money local but for saving over $300 i have no issues with importing

Edited by Framedtrash

same here... if its a big enough saving, i dont mind importing the item. Freight charges will also be kidna costly.

Tackle and minor gear i buy from a local shop. If you can build up a relationship with the owner, he will usually pass on a discount in the long run anyway.