Fad's

nic_ally_king

Hey all,

Just wondering how long it usually takes for the action to start once they re-deploy the fads?

Mate of mine went to BB wide and terrigal last w/e at sun up and it was dead. I noticed the wk leading up to that the fisheries website had no mention of either being deployed yet so I'm assuming they'd only been there a matter of days/maybe a week.

Either way, considering waters good, how longs it normally take?

Regards,

Nic

from now... about 3 months...

yeh i would also say it is a while off yet

fads up north have been deployed for a couple of weeks now and are still clean of any groth

we have had bugger all dollies inside the shelf up this way too most are still either just on or out from the shelf but what are being found are all 10kg+ with the best i have heard of going 23.5kg

just be careful if trolling out over the shelf if running light for dollies as there are a number of BIG blues out there too

yeh i would also say it is a while off yet

fads up north have been deployed for a couple of weeks now and are still clean of any groth

we have had bugger all dollies inside the shelf up this way too most are still either just on or out from the shelf but what are being found are all 10kg+ with the best i have heard of going 23.5kg

just be careful if trolling out over the shelf if running light for dollies as there are a number of BIG blues out there too

Yeh that's what I thought. Have heard about the blues too, but was unaware of the big dollies thats great. The last 2 times i've been to browns and around i've come back with nothing so I'm really looking forward to some quick runs to the fads. Cheers fellas happy fishing

How do the FAD's work ? - are they just a buoy with a long rope / chain to the bottom that attract small fish to feed off the growth on it ?

Why dont people make their own and just leave them out there ?

( sorry if this is a silly question ... i dont know anything about them )

How do the FAD's work ? - are they just a buoy with a long rope / chain to the bottom that attract small fish to feed off the growth on it ?

Why dont people make their own and just leave them out there ?

( sorry if this is a silly question ... i dont know anything about them )

anything that floats on the surface or just below it can be called a fad of some sort but yes in genral fads are just a big buoy with a rope down to a anchor system

why don't people make their own we some people do however it is against the law to do so and is classed as polution/litter/dumping so getting caught with one could cause some pain