What Knife Jigs And Lures To Get For Kings

Stacer560

Hey guys, new to this site after joining recently. Been fishing for a few years now and onto my second boat.

I have rigged the new boat ready for outfront action as well as estuary.

With new overheads and spinning reels, i was caught at the local fishing shop looking at lures thinking which one to get and what weight.

I will be hitting the peak, the hump, colours, bluefish point, the traps targeting kings, snapper, tailor and alike species.

What lures can you guys recommend and weights for trolling and jigging?

I have usually only used live baits and frozen baits, and want to try using lures.

Any help would be great.

I will try post some pics of my catches in the past.

HI There, with jigs the river to sea knife jigs are pretty good and well priced. As stated above when the jackets are on don't drop expensive jigs as you will lose the them. In sydney you can get away with using a 230g if there is not much current, but when the wind is up and current is flowing even 400g jigs you will have problems reaching the bottom. In saying this 230g, 300g and 400g would be the go.

Hope that helps, it also works up cheap if you buy the assist cord and jig hooks and make your own assist hook over buying the pre made stuff. I normally the YGK mini sea rope 200lb, Owner 7/0 assist hook and a bit of heat shrink to finish it off. If you need more info feel free to shoot me a PM.

Cheer,

Sz1