Long Reef Sunday 29th

fisherman1994

Hi raiders,

Im thinkin about heading out to Longy this sunday with a friend in his tandem kayak, weather looks nice, we figured 'why not'.

I just wanted to know whats happening out there at the moment? ive read a couple of reports of rats being taken, but wanted to know if that's consistent, and also whether theres any legal kings lurking too.

If there are kings out there, would any raiders be able to give me some advice on targetting these kings? I probably wont have access to livies, and fishing out of a kayak i wont have a heap of room for gear, so i was thinking taking a medium flickstick (6-10kg rod and 4000 Sedona) and something else.

Hints and tips are much appreciated guys :1prop:

Cheers James

:1fishing1:

That rod sounds comfortable for what you are doing but you may get smoked by larger fish. I haven't fished Longreef but if i was going and i could only take a pocketful of tackle it would be in decreasing order of importance 40b 25lb and 10lb fluoro, 6 inch and 9 inch sluggos (or similar soft stick bait) in white (2nd choice pink) with a few different jig heads and especially unweighted offset worm hooks designed for stick baits, chromies from 10 to 40gms, a couple of different sized poppers, a couple of x-raps. If you take any bait i'd make it fresh squid.

Good luck