Parra Last Night

jewiehaven

Went out with mates last night on Parra.

left @ 9pm to my local wharf, but couldnt get raise a single yakka :1badmood: , so Dave found a school of Mullet- quickly 6 poddy's and 2 garfish are in the tank and we are off to another spot :1prop:

Livies got some attention after the turn of the low tide.

Put on a fresh prawn and got a nice 38cm Whiting in close which was not expected.

Just on the top of the tide Eddies reel goes for a little run on squid strip- reel in and its a small soapie of 46cm- into the bucket for the table :beersmile:

Next cast, Eddie is on again on same squid- this time he's only 42 so back into the water he goes

3rd cast Ed hooks up again, but it spits the hooks half way in, lol

Dave, Clinton and I were struggling with using live Poddy's and fresh squid (we ran out of prawns), no runs.

Got a few nice bites but no hookups, squid was being demolished (we suspect choppers or small Bream to be culprits)

Stayed until 6:30am home by 7am

Nice and relaxing LB session but disappointing as no other Jewies to be had today.

Oh well, there's alays next time.

Went out with mates last night on Parra.

left @ 9pm to my local wharf, but couldnt get raise a single yakka :1badmood: , so Dave found a school of Mullet- quickly 6 poddy's and 2 garfish are in the tank and we are off to another spot :1prop:

Livies got some attention after the turn of the low tide.

Put on a fresh prawn and got a nice 38cm Whiting in close which was not expected.

Just on the top of the tide Eddies reel goes for a little run on squid strip- reel in and its a small soapie of 46cm- into the bucket for the table :beersmile:

Next cast, Eddie is on again on same squid- this time he's only 42 so back into the water he goes

3rd cast Ed hooks up again, but it spits the hooks half way in, lol

Dave, Clinton and I were struggling with using live Poddy's and fresh squid (we ran out of prawns), no runs.

Got a few nice bites but no hookups, squid was being demolished (we suspect choppers or small Bream to be culprits)

Stayed until 6:30am home by 7am

Nice and relaxing LB session but disappointing as no other Jewies to be had today.

Oh well, there's alays next time.

Ohh well Mate its all good as long as you enjoyed yourself that is all that matters.

Not to mention also that the Pressure is so low at the moment and you still managed to catch something really inspires me as I do not usually have much luck when the pressure is as low as it is now but come to think of it I might go for a bash this afternoon If I can be bothered.

Regards,

Nathan

you sure do put the time in mate

im sure your big jew is just around the corner

i just got back from a fish

couldnt get any livies only ended up with 4 yakkers 1 was a monster

off to our spot setup the downriggers

ended up turning the 3 small yakkers into 3 kings and the big yakka didnt get touched was prob too big

good way to spend the afternoon

Edited by Framedtrash