Yamaha Trim

Bar Up

I have noticed after the last couple of outings that the trim up button on both the remote control and the side of the engine have started to play up.

Yesterday I noticed that the trim gauge display was not working at all neither.

Does anyone have any hints on what I should be looking for or is it back to the dealer to have it fixed?

Bar Up

Update

I have just had a look after readings other posts about the trim gauge and I have located the problem with that. The piece of plastic which controls the gauge as come loose and hopefully an adjustment on the water next time will fix this issue.

I did check the trim again and the down motion works fine however the up is still intermitent, it clicks but does not do anything and after three or four attempts starts working??

Update

I have just had a look after readings other posts about the trim gauge and I have located the problem with that. The piece of plastic which controls the gauge as come loose and hopefully an adjustment on the water next time will fix this issue.

I did check the trim again and the down motion works fine however the up is still intermitent, it clicks but does not do anything and after three or four attempts starts working??

Up and down actions are contolled via a relay for each movement. If you hear clicking chances are the relay is failing.

C.

Chris When standing next to the motor & the tilt button is pressed "up" can you hear the pump motor running but the outboard is not lifting the way you think it should?

If so the system may need fluid or to bleed the system.

If the pump motor is not running then , as others have mentioned , sounds like a relay

Either way , normally it is a dealer fix.

Geoff