Crazy King Session!

jim77

Went out again this morning - third morning this week. Loving holidays :thumbup: Couldn't find any squid AGAIN! (anyone else finding them tough at the moment) but stocked up with about 30+ Yakkas in quick time.

Set off for Nth Head to put the donwriggers down - go to put them on and realise i have left them both at home!!! Faaaarrrrrk! :1badmood: I wasn't too impressed with myself but carried on anyway. I surface trolled one bait and had another down deeper on a snapper lead. I did a couple of laps but even though i could see good schools of fish on the sounder they didn't want to play.

I was going to go back inside but for some reason i thought i would give the South side a go. Picked a likely looking spot and down went the first yakka - before i had even closed the bail arm over it had got hit! A nice fish of 68cm (on my readjusted measure :1prop: ) comes over the side. I quickly motored back up to where i had got the fish and dropped another bait - bang same thing except this time it was slightly bigger at 72cm.

This kept on going for about 2 and half hours. I was getting 1 or 2 fish on every drift. A couple of mates were fishing in the harbour and they soon joined me in the action. I used every yakka and caught approx 25 fish. Once i had run out of bait i resorted to jigging and they were taking them as well! In all i boated about 35-40 fish - i seriously lost count. I kept my bag limit of 5 - biggest being just under 80 - but i also threw back another 10+ legals. There were quite a few very small fish (under 55cm) but most were around the 60cm mark. I also got cleaned up by a much better fish - so there were some bigger ones in the school as well.

They were still biting when i left but i was seriously too tired to catch anymore.

A great fun session - not huge fish but one of the best sessions i have had for a while, only surpassed by a couple of crazy jigging sessions last year and of course fishing in New Zealand... but that doesn;t count does it?

Good luck if you're heading out at the weekend.

I'm sorted for fish for a few weeks - the vacuum packer has been working overtime.

post-4846-1260431963_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys - woke up a bit sore this morning!

Jim,

What time of day did you find the fish ?

And did you leave them biting, or did it go quiet?

Jeff

Jeff - got the first fish at about 8 am, let them biting at about 10:45 am. It never really went quiet - only time i didn't get a bite was when i drifted to far off the school.