Harbour 13th Dec

tentonner

Headed out this morning and started off well managing a few yakkas and even some squid. Anyway cut a long story short tried out all the usual haunts in Middle harbour, north head and some spots in the main harbour and couldnt even get a sniff today. Tried live, dead baits, jigs, sluggos couldnt manage a single rat.

Anybody else get in to them today?

my brother and i bagged out on squid fri nite in the harbour.

sat morning couldnt find any fish in the harbour so headed outside around the heads and numerous hook ups on rat kings but they kept reefing us and we only boated one.

wind got up and we had to run for cover as only in a small tinnie.

same for my self! got to the hawkesbury at 430am went to get some yakkas and tried around pittwater and the heads with not even a bite....i even had live prawns to mix it up abit!@!@! tried DR around lion island for nothing. After 12hrs on the water i came home with a keeper flatie and bream. :wacko:

Was on the water with my son (5), moved to Balmoral Island, but no yakkas or squids,

then moved towards manly (reef beach), but wind was to strong. Seeked protection in quarantine beach,

had lunch and a swim (both of us).

Then over the bumpy waves back to the spit to more up, and have a cast. A Diamond fish for my son, and that

made so happy, he was singing for the rest of the day. Watched the NSW Maritime check all the boats, except us.

I suppose because my son had its life jacket on.

Then we went into one of the side arms of Middle Harbour, and managed 1 garfish and 1 Yakka.

The Diamond fish was released the other two came home.

Headed out this morning and started off well managing a few yakkas and even some squid. Anyway cut a long story short tried out all the usual haunts in Middle harbour, north head and some spots in the main harbour and couldnt even get a sniff today. Tried live, dead baits, jigs, sluggos couldnt manage a single rat.

Anybody else get in to them today?

don't feel bad. me and my fried went to balmoral early. got a bunch of yakkas. saw a couple kings around there. trolled north head. picked one up downrigging.

anchored in another couple spots. nothing.

however i did see a few people picking them up around north head. there was about 20 boats hurdled together in one spot getting a few. i didn't want to have any part of that pandamonium so i went to sow and pigs. nothing there either.

oh well. maybe next weekend. :)

Yup same fate for us, quite day on the harbour. Went out Sunday morning with my mate to shake the monkey of his back and get him his first king for the season. Armed with 17 arrow squids caught the night before and plenty of live yakkas, we only managed 1 king 70cm who put up a good account for him self (got the monkey of his back) and a Blue Morwong 50cm (interesting catch in middle harbour) sure put up a nice fight called it for a king.

Anyways there is always next time, just hoping weather is ok this weekend.

Cheers,

Sz1