What Do People Think Gulp Vs Slam

A.dawg

GULP! vs SLAM  

39 members have voted

1. 1. GULP! vs SLAM

• GULP
    • SLAM

I have stacks of GULP and hav tried almost every size and color.... Other day going up to the entrance with my first pack of Stimulate SLAMs ever and caught 27 Flathead and dropped even more

Its not very often that i catch that many fish on GULP's and when i do they arnt too good in size....

Wondering what people think??

Yeah,

i agree with A.dawg. I have caught kingies on slam and plenty of flatties as well. There's a video on youtube of mark berg cutting up slam soft plastics and throwing them in to the water and you see massive bream going beserk for them

SLAM ALL THE WAY

seriola lalandi,

Most of my fishing is for bream and is finesse fishing .

Slams are to stiff and big and u have to fish then to fast to get the tails working in comparrason to gulps .

which for me dosnt suit my style . good for flathead but the flathead dosnt really care what it eats , ive caught them on silver foil .yes u can cut them up and use them as bait but u can do the same with bread ???

they might be better on bigger species i wouldnt know but on bream this is what i have found .

then again there is always squidgies :1prop:

craig

Depends on the target species and the style of fishing I think.

What craigtempo said is spot on for bream fishing. However, Slam do make 3" flickbaits which may work well on the bream population. Personally have not had much success with them on bream.

Flathead - different story altogether. I've fished 3" gulp jigging grub alongside the 3" slam grub/minnow. Both colours similar (pumpkinseed). I like that the tail of the gulp grub swims nicely all the time. The slam grub - stiff as and swims only when it's moving at a decent speed. No good me thinks but all the largest flathead caught on my boat have fallen to the Slam stuff!

Yeah,

i agree with A.dawg. I have caught kingies on slam and plenty of flatties as well. There's a video on youtube of mark berg cutting up slam soft plastics and throwing them in to the water and you see massive bream going beserk for them

SLAM ALL THE WAY

seriola lalandi,

I think thats debatable,he should have cut up the pilli and then seen what happens or throw bread and the slams and then see what happens, sorry dont wanna be a party pooper i love the guy i have most of his cd's but its clear its just marketing jargen.

Cheers

Snooze