Shoal Bay

cameldownunder

Hi

I am going with family up to Shoal bay this weekend,

It's not the first time, and till now we caught Shovel Nooses, Blind sharks, more shovel Noses, more blind sharks,

one flounder, and all kind of undersized fishes.

Where should I go with the boat? (I am staying inside), what should I target? and what should I use for bait? and where should I get the bait from?

If I ask the tackle shop at salamanders, they always answer to go to the wave breaker at nelson bay marina, but i cannot imagine that with all that water, that is the only place to go !?!?!?!

If you don't have a copy of the Marine Park areas in the Port then I suggest pick up a map from a tackle store as there are quite a few restricted areas.

Ths western end of Shoal Bay close to the beach is worth a try for Whiting also across the bay. I think it is called Jimmies Beach.

Slack tide around the marina breakwall but can be a bit busy with Land based anglers

There is a drop off just on the Eastern side of the island off Lemon Tree passage. Can produce flathead.

The river going up to Tea Gardens / Hawksnest for Bream & Whiting. If the fishing here is slow , there is a great resturant just past the bridge with pontoon facilities . A very plesant way to spend a few hours

Geoff