Carp Fishing - Sydney

dsaun

Hi All,

Wondering if anybody can help. My dad is coming over from the UK this xmas and wants to do some carp fishing whilst he is here. I currently live in Clovelly over in the Eastern suburbs and have researched that there are plenty of carp in sydney's West.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I should go and what size of carp may be present?

Any help would be much appreacited.

Cheers

David

The ponds near the sydney airport hold some. I've only tried there once though and caught a few smallish ones.There is also the park at the end of george street on the parramatta river not the cbd, you get some thumpers there. I used bread and corn.

seriola lalandi,

:1welcomeani: Dont do it!. You're Dad is coming over from the motherland and wants to do what he does there. No way I say. Mate, you can take him fishing aussie style. An early morning fish off Darling point wharf or maybe one of the wharfs at darling harbour. hire a tinnie and hit the harbour. There are plenty of places around your area landbased. If money isnt too much of a problem a charter is a great way to give the ole boy a treat. :1yikes: He will go home with a tale to or two to tell his mates down the pub, Im sure. We have a sponser on this site that will give him a day out to remember. Discount for raiders too. Too many choices and not enough time. Carp fishin', only if Im dead. :074:

:1welcomeani: Dont do it!. You're Dad is coming over from the motherland and wants to do what he does there. No way I say. Mate, you can take him fishing aussie style. An early morning fish off Darling point wharf or maybe one of the wharfs at darling harbour. hire a tinnie and hit the harbour. There are plenty of places around your area landbased. If money isnt too much of a problem a charter is a great way to give the ole boy a treat. :1yikes: He will go home with a tale to or two to tell his mates down the pub, Im sure. We have a sponser on this site that will give him a day out to remember. Discount for raiders too. Too many choices and not enough time. Carp fishin', only if Im dead. :074:

cheers for the reply, i am planning on doing aussie style fishing too and heard that you can go down to millers point and fish the harbour, also planning on taking him to pittwater - any other suggestions?

Is there any good fishing places in the eastern suburbs, La Perouse etc?

What sort of outfit would you be looking at using??

like a 2-4kg outfit??

no something heavyer maybe 12lb . fluro leaders under a float cast out ur float then through out some burley around the float . this should do the trick .

oh and i like adjustedpetes comments as well

craig

+1

Only do carp fishing if youre intending to lend ahelping hand to our local species.

Other than that, take him fishing/squdding at La Perouse, tell him that he is fishing from the spot where Tom Cruise got chased by a helicopter in MI2.

Or Blues Point where he has a great view of the Sydney Harbour (and might even land a Kingy)

Clovelly/Coogee area has some pretty decent rock fishing areas but can be a tad dangerous if youre not careful.