Want To Do Some Mods To Old Lazy A

framedtrash

Well I want to make some changes to my boat to increase the fishing space at the back of the boat

At current behind the 2 swivel seats there is a LARGE ice box/seat that’s glassed and sunk into the floor

Sure there is times when its very handy like when your sitting around doing nothing but when the fish are on the chew it gets in the way

We don’t use it as a ice box we just use it to store our 45ltr fuel tank so it’s a big waste of space in my eyes

What I want to do is remove the box all together and if possible turn in into a underfloor fuel tank or kill tank

and to remove the 2 swivel seats ( 1 has already been taken out well broken and I never put it back in)

I then want to fully carpet the floor and replace the seats with a large padded esky that’s strapped to the floor which allows me to remove it fully if I want to

Now ive never done much glassing so just wondering how big a job this would be ive got a few mates who work in the boat industry who im sure would help out if I get some beers on ice

Just wondering what kind of money do u think ill be spending and how long it would take to do

Ill get some photos of the boat later on to give you a better idea of what im talking about

Cheers mate

i spoke to Andrew about it yesterday he was saying it was a fair bitch to setup the underfloor tank

so i think im just going to remove the box and just cover it with some marine ply and then glass it over

should be alot less work and alot cheaper

might take up a offer on help with the carpet saw your handy work on andrews boat very well professional

ya hear andrew is selling his boat

Yep, doesn't use it enough. Be a good rig for somebody now that we've done all the work. You should tell him to post some pics in swap & sell, maybe a Raider out there who is interested. BTW, that underfloor tank is not that hard to do considering you already have a hole there for it. I wouldn't mind having a squizz at your boat - maybe give you some ideas. Also, get some pics of your boat now for the before & after thing.

Let me know.

Cheers, Tuffy.

Edited by Tuffy

yeh ill get some pics of the old girl

needs a good cleaning first, yeh wouldn't mind getting a few ideas for the old girl

there is alot that could be done to her shes a little ruff around the edges but she runs well and does her job well

i also plan on getting some bow rails put down the sides to add some extra height to the sides which will help when out at sea in swell but im in no real rush for that

maybe after chrissy catch up for a fish and go catch some pitty kings

here is some photos of the ice box/seat i want to have removed

as you can see it takes up alot of valuable deck space

dont have a rule with me but the size of the red tank is 584(L) x 355(W)

and i would say that the bottom of the box is about 10cm below that of the floor

having a underfloor tank doesnt really bother me as there is alot of room under the transom which will easily fit a new 75ltr tank i would be happy to just cover the hole glass it up and just carpet the whole boat

floor tends to get a little slippery once theres some blood n ink on the floor so carpet is long over due

img0141ll.jpg

img0142f.jpg

Yep, you're right, That's gotta go. If you don't want an underfloor thing I suggest that you just cut out the box and make a lid for the remaining hole, that way you will have some storage space under there for small items, you know, lures etc spare bits & pieces. Carpeting is definately the way to go - less dangerous.

Cheers,Russ.

Edited by Tuffy