Kings In Iron Cove

tomloey1

Hey raiders

i have been waiting for ages but now it's time to get out there! We'll be out near iron cove bridge with our kingy rods and we just need to know what bait to use! I know yackas and squid are the go from previous catches but any advice would be great! Espicially for lures in kingy boil up's! I've seen tonns lately :thumbup::thumbup::1fishing1::1fishing1:

Thanks TOM!!!!!

G'day Tom. If your trolling you can't go past the ever faithfull christmass trees, either for kings or any other fighting fish. I've had success with blue coloured ribbonfish lures if the kings are on the boil as the action of these lures make them strike no matter what their attacking & easier then trying to match the bait school. Hope you get into them & have fun.

Regards Jeff

Are the kings still in iron cove?

I havent been out in a while, so i dont know

I used poddy mullet when i got my 70cm kingy. But most of the time there smashing tiny shrimp or prawns, so try and find a lure that represents that.

Christmas tree lures also work a treat!

Try and catch some gars to, they love them.

Give us a PM when your going out!

Cheers, Zac

Ive hooked up to taylor and while bringing the taylor to the boat ive had a kingie scare the...... outta of me and hit the taylor and listened to the reel zing for a few seconds.....

Dont see why live taylor wont work.

Ive hooked up to taylor and while bringing the taylor to the boat ive had a kingie scare the...... outta of me and hit the taylor and listened to the reel zing for a few seconds.....

Dont see why live taylor wont work.

:Funny-Post: too funny - wish I was in a position to make that comment

R

Hello,

Live prawns (if you can get them) with no or little sinker.

Cheers Henry

live prawns are really good for smaller models but ive yet to crack a legal one on live prawns :thumbdown:

for the bigger kings i use these killer baits garfish and slimies yakka's

gday

i think you set up at the wharf have one rod set with a sp 4inch white bait

may be a no. 1 ball sinker..........dont put it out.....then chase down some yakkas

on the hand line have another rod set for the livey when you get one ...........

when the kingies arrive hope fully you have a livey out by then ................

find a good entry point to throw your sp to put it right in front of a hungrymouth

good luck

might see you round

gday

i think you set up at the wharf have one rod set with a sp 4inch white bait

may be a no. 1 ball sinker..........dont put it out.....then chase down some yakkas

on the hand line have another rod set for the livey when you get one ...........

when the kingies arrive hope fully you have a livey out by then ................

find a good entry point to throw your sp to put it right in front of a hungrymouth

good luck

might see you round

Thanks everyone really great tips! I'll see you guys around!! Rock ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOM! :1fishing1::1fishing1: