Pvc Pipe On Boat Trailer

Bleeding Green

Hi all, I just bought some 150mm dia. PVC pipe to fix to the boat trailer which will hold my tent poles while on the road. If anyone else has done anything similar I'd be interested to learn how you fix it to your trailer. I don't want to drill or weld onto any of the existing members. I tried straping it but because I am strapping to members at 90 degrees to the pipe it looks messy. I was think of 'u' bolting so alu channel to cross members and then drilling / screwing into that. Thoughts?

Hi all, I just bought some 150mm dia. PVC pipe to fix to the boat trailer which will hold my tent poles while on the road. If anyone else has done anything similar I'd be interested to learn how you fix it to your trailer. I don't want to drill or weld onto any of the existing members. I tried straping it but because I am strapping to members at 90 degrees to the pipe it looks messy. I was think of 'u' bolting so alu channel to cross members and then drilling / screwing into that. Thoughts?

cable ties??

Thanks for your replies.

I was after something a bit more permanent. If I used rope or occy strap I am worried that while the trailer is left parked at the ramp while I am out using the boat someone might help themselves to my pipes. I don't want to risk that seeing as how the set cost no less then $200.

Thanks for your replies.

I was after something a bit more permanent. If I used rope or occy strap I am worried that while the trailer is left parked at the ramp while I am out using the boat someone might help themselves to my pipes. I don't want to risk that seeing as how the set cost no less then $200.

some one did that to my winch roller soo not cool

If you cant find them big enough just join a couple together end to end

You can get Hose Clamps that big, also a truck exhaust shop would have similar clamps. Another way, Rhino Roof racks have clamps to fasten that size conduit onto their roof racks. Look up the Rhino Website. Or see a stockist.