Fishing Spots

patchy

Hey guys im new to this website and new to fishing, just started a couple weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone has a few good wharfs to fish off in sydney. Thanks in advance :)

G'day Patchy,

Most of the wharfs are doing well around Sydney you just need to beat the crowds and get a good spot and you will be sure to get something no-matter what bait you are using.... just try to get the freshest bait you can and you should get into some fish.

Welcome to Fish Raider!!!!! :1welcomeani:

Regards,

Nathan

Edited by beginner

Hi Patchy

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to Fishraider ...... also check that you CAN fish from those wharves ...... some are 'no fishing'! :( A float can help in minimising gear loss!

Good luck - look forward to your reports!!

Roberta

thanks guys, im from parramatta/ermington area, but im not too worried about traveling a little bit. i have been getting into fishing everyday for the past couple weeks and have purchased all my own gear, but just having some trouble finding nice spot to fish and relax. any suggestions are appreciated, once again thanks in advance :)

i am also using hawkesberry prawns as bait, i do am not sure if they are great or not, they tend to land me with a few bites and some neat catches.

Edited by patchy

Patchy,

The Hawkesbury Prawns are a good bait as long as they are fresh not re-frozen.

I have not used them for a while as I have mostly been using squid but what I used to do is buy the Hawkesbury prawn's by the kilo and split them into their own bags about 5 of 6 If I remember correctly and do it that way not too sure how you're doing it but thought Id throw my 5 cents in anyway!!!!

If you want a good land-base spot where you'll catch fish but you will have to go through a lot of pickers first Is Narrabeen lakes basically you can fish anywhere there either under the bridge close to Woolies either side is fine but careful of the snags or even the sandbars near the caravan park just look around and see what suits you... I have no secret spot that I do well on and mainly go there to relax and have always managed to catch something.... that's not to say that there are spots closer to home for you but the reason I recommend the lakes is because all the spots in close proximity of Sydney are being worked out big time so much so that It has put me off fishing for a while and the spots end up being full of rubbish and you will spend most of your day UN-tangling your line!!!!! The lakes will be a little busy but there is plenty of room to move there.

Good Luck and Might see you down there one day hopefully,

Look forward to your Future posts,

Regards,

Nathan

Patchy,

The Hawkesbury Prawns are a good bait as long as they are fresh not re-frozen.

I have not used them for a while as I have mostly been using squid but what I used to do is buy the Hawkesbury prawn's by the kilo and split them into their own bags about 5 of 6 If I remember correctly and do it that way not too sure how you're doing it but thought Id throw my 5 cents in anyway!!!!

If you want a good land-base spot where you'll catch fish but you will have to go through a lot of pickers first Is Narrabeen lakes basically you can fish anywhere there either under the bridge close to Woolies either side is fine but careful of the snags or even the sandbars near the caravan park just look around and see what suits you... I have no secret spot that I do well on and mainly go there to relax and have always managed to catch something.... that's not to say that there are spots closer to home for you but the reason I recommend the lakes is because all the spots in close proximity of Sydney are being worked out big time so much so that It has put me off fishing for a while and the spots end up being full of rubbish and you will spend most of your day UN-tangling your line!!!!! The lakes will be a little busy but there is plenty of room to move there.

Good Luck and Might see you down there one day hopefully,

Look forward to your Future posts,

Regards,

Nathan

thanks for that nathan. :)

Hey Patchy...

If youre just fishing for the fun of it, you could try Cabarita Bay, or Hen & Chicken Bay, (go to the end of Burwood road) Thats a good place to practice soft plastics etc.

Otherwise, go towards Botany Bay, there are heaps of spots around there from the beaches off San Souci to the airport runways, to La Perouse areas.

Unfortunately, like beginner said, there are lots of pickers and there are also lots of rubbish left over by some irresponsible people.

Hope you get some!

Hey Patchy...

If youre just fishing for the fun of it, you could try Cabarita Bay, or Hen & Chicken Bay, (go to the end of Burwood road) Thats a good place to practice soft plastics etc.

Otherwise, go towards Botany Bay, there are heaps of spots around there from the beaches off San Souci to the airport runways, to La Perouse areas.

Unfortunately, like beginner said, there are lots of pickers and there are also lots of rubbish left over by some irresponsible people.

Hope you get some!

yea, ive been going cabarita park wharf a fair bit lately, got some decent size fish there. but i dont like it coz theres' too many people around that just wont shut up! also many locals come around and complain about the pollution thats around the waters and advise not to eat fish from there:S

do u fish for another reason but fun?