Looking For Tiny Squid Jigs

zephi

Does anyone know anywhere in Sydney where I could grab a few good quality, size 1.0 to 1.5 squid jigs. I've seen people use them, but have not seen any in stock at my local tackle stores. Does anyone know if these jigs can actually be found in Sydney?

I've seen some and bought some cheapy $3 ones from a certain tackle store and they sank really badly and caught nothing....

Does anyone know if yamashita or yozuri make those sizes? If not, are there any other companies who make quality squidjigs in those sizes?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I really wanna go out and catch these really finicky squid...

Cheers

Today I saw a article said that squid can grow 1.5mm/day. It's very fast. Last week I caught a squid same as my 1.8 jig and let it go.

Why can we not give these tiny squid more chance grow up? I don't think it is worth to eat. Are you just use them as bait?

Today I saw a article said that squid can grow 1.5mm/day. It's very fast. Last week I caught a squid same as my 1.8 jig and let it go.

Why can we not give these tiny squid more chance grow up? I don't think it is worth to eat. Are you just use them as bait?

It's for bait. Squid are plentiful, and since there is no size limit there's no problems taking what you catch. They're really difficult to get anyway, so I probably only get like 5 of those sizes a session, the larger ones are much more aggressive and a little easier to get.

It's for bait. Squid are plentiful, and since there is no size limit there's no problems taking what you catch. They're really difficult to get anyway, so I probably only get like 5 of those sizes a session, the larger ones are much more aggressive and a little easier to get.

You maybe can try deeper water that will get big one. Last week I and my friend went out, I used 1.8 jig along the shoreline and caught some small ones. My friend used 3.0 jig just 10 meters away from me and caught 3 huge monsters(body were more than 30cm).

yeah when there's large ones around I'll go and target those of course! But when all is quiet I might as well just sight fish a few small ones for bait...

Anyone know the best and most effective method of baiting up these tiny ones to catch kingies? I've only had one kingfish take my squid, but the rest were picked by tailors.... I'm always fishing off landbased.

What water column should I put these squid out on? surface / few metres below surface / deep down with sinker?