Squidding Is Easy....

PPSGT

Hi Raiders,

On holidays seeing the family back in Adelaide -

Went out fishing today at one of my favourite spots, in a friends 4.35 savage.

His only a beginner, but he had a squid spot were he'd caught a few quid on his $4 jigs

1.5 hours later we had got out boat limit of thirty

I used my Yozuri and squid spray, and EGI technique, he used his $4 and basic style.

My Kungfu reigned supreme - 26 to 4.... I had six in the boat in six casts!

all squid had 25-30cm tubes with a couple upto 40cm

then in overtime ( we were due back home) dropped over

the side some fresh squid and scored a king george whiting at 34cm and a 32cm Yellowfin whiting

Met some guys back at the ramp who had a small 9kg snapper, there was a local snapper comp on

at that fish wasnt even in the running. some other mates in a bigger boat rang me and had caught 10 snapper to 12kg.... have to go back to Sydney tomorrow otherwise i'd be their anchor bitch :1prop: and get some reds

cooked up half of the squid and bagged up the rest to take back to Sydney for kingy baits- doubled packed

in salt water. They work a treat! have over 5kgs of fresh squid heads and tubes

Hope everyone had luck of christmas and got some time on the water with family and friends.

post-2971-1261991243_thumb.jpg

haf the haul - King George whiting the BEST tasting fish in the south if not Australia

post-2971-1261991263_thumb.jpg

lots of kingy baits

Mate forgot to bring the heavy gear - we saw a 6 foot bronzie in 1 metre of water and

plenty of squid bait and nothing to hook it upto. A Australian record bronzie was taken there

in the eighties in 6 foot of water... and people were wadding and crabbing today just near where we saw the shark

Remember Jesus was a fisherman, and not fishing over the Christmas break

makes the baby Jesus cry!!

Edited by Burley King

That's a first class squid session Burley King.. Not only do squid make such healthy and good eating, they are one of the best of baits around and can be used to catch just about any species that one can think of ...

Seasons Greetings and a Happy New Year to you Burley King and hope to see some more good results from you throughout 2010 :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Mate poor Squid you have stocked up big time!!!!! Well Done Pal,

As Jewgaffer has said some real quality bait there and Look forward to what you convert those squid into!!!!

Gee If I brought that home and the Mrs caught me It would go straight on the pan!!!!!!

Good Luck Buddy!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Well done Jason. Sounds like you had a ball. Those MH Kings will love those squid even if they are not exactly local fair. Hope you had a good Xmas and happy new year to you. Hopefully we can catch up next week. All the best, Stipo.

nice haul there buddy... keen to read your next report on what those squid produced!!

by the way, Jesus was a carpenter not a fisherman.. I was too busy building wooden projects so baby Jesus dont cry lol..

awesome report champ..

Any session where more than 1 squid is caught is amazing to me. Awesome effort.

Hopefully the harbour is holding a live one in the near future.

Btw

“I like to picture my Jesus wearing a tuxedo t-shirt, 'cause it says I want to be formal, but I like to party"