Last Yak Outing For The Year!

arpie

Hi all

I finally saw a break in the weather & just about lunch time, grabbed the yak & went over to Green Point (to avoid boating traffic) and started chucking poppers & pencils around, then gulp shrimp!

A bit slow to start off with, then I got my first flattie with a gulp shrimp ....... and a couple of minutes later, another one on a gulp 3" minnow! After that, I stuck with the hbs & started getting heaps of small bream! I stopped counting after 15 ..... and reckon I got at least 5 after that! Only the one was legal to the tail, but all went back.

I had one really good hit which peeled off line at a rate of knots! Initially I called it for a bream, but as it got off, I will never know! Later on, I got a really nice mid 30s whiting & it also peeled off line, so perhaps the other one was a bigger whiting? Gee they motor!! Got another small whiting later on, then the action pretty well stopped!!

It was a fun afternoon on the water & I plan on being up early tomorrow morning to take advantage of the lasts of the HIGH tides ........ and hopefully my first fish of the next decade!

Hope everyone has a safe & happy New Year

Cheerio

Roberta

Sorry ..... no pics this time!!

Another ripper effort Roberta.

:thumbup:

I've gotta give those pencil poppers you showed me a run in the lake soon.

I reckon those whiting will go crazy over them.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Thanks guys - it was fun!

Hey Pete - just make sure you have a good leader on ........ I lost a brand new NW52 this morning to a bloody pike or longtom ...... just bit the whole thing off!!! :1badmood: Then I started using my 'cheap' pencils (hawk) and it caught a very nice flattie & some bream!!! Will do another report on it ........ more pencil work today!

You are right about the whiting, Pete - lots of them up here just now, taking the penciles & poppers! Got a beautie this morning! Fat as!!

Hey Slinky - as you are responsible for about half of the lures in my tackle box, if Keith complains, I'll tell him just to cut out the middle man & talk with you! :074:

You have a great year too, Tev!

He with the most toys wins! :biggrin2:

Have a great year

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta