Botany Bay Monday 04.01.10

jim bream

Hi raiders

Its been a while since ive been out, with all the rain and the christmas commitments, this was the last chance to get out before i go on holidays, so nothing was going to stop me. And knowing fish where everywhere in the bay I had to get a piece of the action. I headed out at about 5.30am stopped at the usual spots, towra and worked my way up to kurnell and the fish just kept coming and coming. But the end result was we ran out of bait and had to leave about 11.00 am with the fish still biting. What we kept was 25 bream, 8 whiting, 1 flathead, 1 trevally and 1 octopus. We also threw back 3 blue swimmers 2 were which females with ALOT of eggs and 7 tarwine which i thought there was no point of holding onto considering the amount of fish we had. At the moment the rain has flushed alot of fish out aswell as black bream. I looked carefully at my catch and i found there was a few black bream in that catch. Anyways top day and sometimes you wish they were like this everyday but there not.

Cheers Jim Bream :1fishing1:

post-6195-1262573467_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1262573488_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1262573500_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1262573509_thumb.jpg

awesome stuff!! what bait did the damage????

I think it was more the conditions and the rain that done the damage. The rain flush the fish out which was good a lot of black bream there also the reports a cross the board a lot of fish caught in the bay but we only used yabbies for bait didnt stop for worms as we do.we ran out of bait because of the number of pesty snapper about they were every you went

I wish I was out there with you. Groper said you were a master at the bream game. :1worthy:

I tried teaching groper a few tricks i think he wasnt paying attention he needs more lessons.As master of the bream i dont think so because the master taught me how to fish the bay and if you can only see how smart this bloke is he dosent post here or any were else .

Jimmy Breammy,

Groper didn't pay attention ?

That's it - he should get an F on his report card.

Lovely bunch of coconuts Jimmy.

Are those bream really black bream or bream that have been resident over the weed beds for a while?

I can never tell.

Do you think we had enough rain to flush the fish out of the river?

In any case, there's a bit of fish there.

Was there much brown weed on your lines?

Did you wear your lucky pink thongs ? :biggrin2:

Jimmy Breammy,

Are those bream really black bream or bream that have been resident over the weed beds for a while?

I can never tell.

The groper does get a F.

Yeah there was a few black bream in the catch definitely came out of the river. Just curious to see who else got black bream, might have to ask steve351 to see if he got any. In regards to my pink thongs they've gone missing and i think the groper stole them!

Yeah we did get brown weed on our lines, and it seems to be in my favorite spots.

Cheers Jim Bream

just wanted to add the fishing has being fairly good up till now and with out being peek season so i assume things are only going to get better in the up in coming months but im still concerned about the dredging and long term affect it will have on the bay. i was catching more fish consistently when the trawlers were working the bay i think the numbers are down over all and the size of the bream so were have all the fish gone beats me it is getting harder to get a good catch these days but were not going off one day but averages over summer fishing period.

cheers Jim bream

just wanted to add the fishing has being fairly good up till now and with out being peek season so i assume things are only going to get better in the up in coming months but im still concerned about the dredging and long term affect it will have on the bay. i was catching more fish consistently when the trawlers were working the bay i think the numbers are down over all and the size of the bream so were have all the fish gone beats me it is getting harder to get a good catch these days but were not going off one day but averages over summer fishing period.

cheers Jim bream

hi jim,

i fished the bay yesterday too, without the same success, plenty of 25-27cm bream which were thrown back. also found plenty of tiny reds taking all my nippers :mad3: and noticed some unusual currents around where the dredge pipe is currently floating. im with you i think the dredging has changed the dynamics of the bay recently.

hi jim,

i fished the bay yesterday too, without the same success, plenty of 25-27cm bream which were thrown back. also found plenty of tiny reds taking all my nippers :mad3: and noticed some unusual currents around where the dredge pipe is currently floating. im with you i think the dredging has changed the dynamics of the bay recently.

Hi ReDeMp yes there was a lot of under size bream but they are hard to pick whether they are bream or tarwine you must look care fully .The reds done a good job on my bait the dredging i believe has had some impact on fishing because the channels are like under water roads cut the roads off what do get stop and think about it for a moment fish go else where they found in different spots they don't no were their going them selfs so you get mixed results in your fishing i find the pattern is changing time will tell

cheers Jim bream

Jimmy Breammy,

I can never tell.

hahaha, OK wait till you see my report from mid north coast, wirless very slow and will report my trip when I get faster reception :biggrin2:

By the way Jim, I will be back on the water with you when I get Back.

Perhaps we should take my mate adjusted Pete.

regards Basil