Patonga

adjustedpete

Got on the water about an hour before high tide and made a beeline for patonga creek as I had flatties on SP's on my mind. Rigged up a pumpkin seed 3' minnow and started flicking around for an hour or so, but just had yakka tormenting my plastic. Im thinking i must be doing something wrong, so I changed to a nuclear chicken, then the tide turned and within 20 minutes I had these 2 little beauties. 39 and 40 cm I dont think the other fisho's appreciated my enthusiastic hollering when i landed the first 1. I was the only one drifting with the tide and I didnt see anyone catch anything while i was there. So I was feeling pretty good for a first timer..... I have a question. is there anything that you can dip your sp's in after a few casts. The juice in my sp packet leaked out and I dipped the sp in it after every cast and they just smashed it, or so it seemed. Anyway a great day out and i will be doing it again soon.

post-2999-1262588321_thumb.jpg

Edited by adjustedpete

Goodonya Pete - :thumbup:

Well done on the soft plastic caught flatties. Mate dont spill the juice and save whats left over in a packet that has been emptied of plastics to use for between cast dipping.

I dont think you are supposed to dip back into a packet that you are still using, perhaps it contaminates the juice (and its pretty evil smelling to start with)

PS Its allways good to see a post with the kitchen sink in it, I allways feel that every effort has been made when I see the sink has been included. :074:

Cheers

John

Nice catch :thumbup:

Try buying a bucket of he gulps with the juices for 30 bucks and u can dip after every few casts. After every cast will waste your juice quite fast.

Also you will find with flatties they will take larger plastics. 5"minnows are awesome... Flatties take anything that moves even though they are quite big. If the plastic is larger it will be more noticeable to them... atleast this is what i hav experienced. Try it out

A.dawg

Got on the water about an hour before high tide and made a beeline for patonga creek as I had flatties on SP's on my mind. Rigged up a pumpkin seed 3' minnow and started flicking around for an hour or so, but just had yakka tormenting my plastic. Im thinking i must be doing something wrong, so I changed to a nuclear chicken, then the tide turned and within 20 minutes I had these 2 little beauties. 39 and 40 cm I dont think the other fisho's appreciated my enthusiastic hollering when i landed the first 1. I was the only one drifting with the tide and I didnt see anyone catch anything while i was there. So I was feeling pretty good for a first timer..... I have a question. is there anything that you can dip your sp's in after a few casts. The juice in my sp packet leaked out and I dipped the sp in it after every cast and they just smashed it, or so it seemed. Anyway a great day out and i will be doing it again soon.

great catch mate :1fishing1: get yaself a tub of berkley crazy leg jerk shads and keep em juiced every 5 mins or so, every catch iv had on a plastic is right after its been pulled out of my container, bcf sell containers with a waterproof seal on it so ya chuck all ya plastics and juice in it, and dont have the bulky containers..... get some crazy legs mate ya wont be dissapointed :1prop:

Congrats on your flatties, plenty more down at Patonga just waiting for your next outing, I haven't been down there for a while but a trip around Darks Corner is not far away.

Try some 5" jerk shads next time , they always work for me there.. :thumbup: