Lake Conjola Christmas

brendong

Sent the family down to Lake Conjola the week leading into Christmas and I caught up with them on Christmas eve. (You've got to love a wife that will tow the boat down for you)

Christmas Day was a little wet but the kids were pre-occupied trying to learn to ride a Rip-Stick that Santa dropped off for them so I escaped for a 1.5 hour popper sesh over the weed beds just walking the shallows and casting. Rain was coming down like no one’s business but I didn't care. The area is normally a fairly high traffic area so I knew I had to work it before the crowds arrived.

Up until this point I'd never connected with whiting on popper so knowing the Conjola system is loaded with big units my hopes were high.

Second cast I broke the whiting duck with a small one and was pretty happy. Third cast I landed and 37cm elbow slapper and a few casts later a 36 cm slapper was landed. How hard do these little brutes go in the shallows. I connected and landed another half dozen or so along with a couple just legal breambo's which I sent back and just kept a couple for the table. :thumbup::yahoo: So it was both a cracking way to start the holiday and finish off Christmas day.

All fish falling to a Lucky Craft Bevy Pencil 4lb braid 8lb Chrystal

post-4925-1262732167_thumb.jpg

Next few days tried off and on and landed a few for the table, the pick being a solid breambo from around the racks and my 6 year old with 45cm flat off 'The Step' on plastic.

Weed makes it a little tough in Conjola at times to fish the surface but on my final day it was wet again and the kids headed to movies so I managed to get out and nailed a few whiting and lost a lucky craft to a solid breambo in the racks... :1badmood:

But headed up the river to find some more weed beds and smacked this guy who went 37cm which is my best on popper. He hit a Bushy in Rack Attack and also pulled really hard in the shallows.

post-4925-1262733084_thumb.jpg

All in all a great holiday, some nice fish along the way and a couple of PB's on the board. I hope all Raiders had a great Christmas and cracking 2010.

Tight lines.

Some nice surface fish there :thumbup:

Im currently at St Georges Basin where the surface fishing has been very slow even the locals are saying that

Plenty of bream have been caught in deep water 20ft-30ft not to many flatties but have managed three that went 72cm 95cm and 76cm Will post a repor when I get homet hopefully with some pics from my new mobile if I can work out how to get them off it

Thanks boys....and well done Iceman....

We are heading to Nambucca Heads in the morning for two weeks....look out fish eye's comin to get ya!!!!!

Was there before xmas, plenty of fish around - but they were all under sized. Probably cause im not that good at fishing.... Fishing near the "V" wall in the river, hooked up with a big stingray on 10lb line and having never caught anything over 40cm, i was so excited that i tried to slow it down with spool and ...... :mad3: It was taking my out to sea! and it probably wouldve ran off with the all my line. :05:

Sometimes there are good fish under the board walk. I was there the first day and silly me forgot to pack the lure bag and i was distraught. By the time express post got them up there, the fish were gone.

Watch out for the drunks though, my mum was in the car as we were packing the gear up and a bunch of drunks began jumping on the bonnet.