North Narrabeen

driftwood

Try and trap some poddy mullet and use them as livies.

Mr Flattie's favourite tucker. :drool:

Use a rig of, mainline to a small swivel, then your leader with the smallest ball sinker

you have in your tackle bag, running to a #5 wide gap hook.

Pin the livie carefully thru the back just behind the dorsal fin, making sure

you don't go too far near the spine or it'll kill 'em.

Toss him out whereever you see weedbeds with sandy patches nearby, or dropoffs and cast into where

the meet. Keep in contact with your bait and you'll notice him getting real agitated on your line..

that's usually a predator (Mr Flatty) about to snaffle him.

Wait for the "thump" on the line as they usually just inhale it whole without

swimming away. Gently lift your rod and feel if there is any weight on the line..if so..strike

to ensure the hook is embedded well..usually in the corner of the mouth with wide gaps.

And hopefully you're on!! :thumbup:

You'll also find the bigger bream will attack live mullet as well and not so many small stuff.

One thing to beware of though is Long Toms are about atm and they also love poddies.

Just take care when unhooking them as they will have a go at you if they get a chance.

One earlier this week latched onto my nether regions as I was bringing him in to release.

Luckily I was wearing waders so the wedding tackle is still in one piece.

Nasty bastards..seriously! and big suckers, some over a metre. :1yikes: with teeth like crocodiles.

Try the above and I'll just about guarantee you'll score a flatty.

(sorry..no refunds) :beersmile:

Cheers,

Pete.

Use a rig of, mainline to a small swivel, then your leader with the smallest ball sinker

Toss him out whereever you see weedbeds with sandy patches nearby, or dropoffs and cast into where

the meet. Keep in contact with your bait and you'll notice him getting real agitated on your line..

swimming away. Gently lift your rod and feel if there is any weight on the line..if so..strike

to ensure the hook is embedded well..usually in the corner of the mouth with wide gaps.

You'll also find the bigger bream will attack live mullet as well and not so many small stuff.

One thing to beware of though is Long Toms are about atm and they also love poddies.

Just take care when unhooking them as they will have a go at you if they get a chance.

**One earlier this week latched onto my nether regions as I was bringing him in to release.**

Nasty bastards..seriously! and big suckers, some over a metre. :1yikes: with teeth like crocodiles.

Cheers,

Pete.

Yikes! A Long Tom on your Long Tom...

I just picked up a bait trap at a dept. store for $12. I think I was suppose to shopping for 'Back to School' stuff but took a little turn and ended up at the other end of the store. Oops. :1prop:

Scooping them up might be a bit hard. They're quick little buggers. Or you can make one out of a two litre drink bottle.

I just picked up a bait trap at a dept. store for $12. I think I was suppose to shopping for 'Back to School' stuff but took a little turn and ended up at the other end of the store. Oops. :1prop:

Scooping them up might be a bit hard. They're quick little buggers. Or you can make one out of a two litre drink bottle.

ok thanks

One earlier this week latched onto my nether regions as I was bringing him in to release.

Cheers,

Pete.

Just listen to this advice and perhaps PM the master for a little more precise location details. and you will be home and hosed.