St Georges Basin

The Iceman

I just spent a couple of weeks down at the basin with plenty of fishing :yahoo:

I did a couple of trips with a mate(a local down there who I also fish teams tournies with) in his skeeter for a lot of bream There wasnt any on the surface and all bream were caught fishing 20ft-30ft deep with a couple of reddies and a 72cm flattie for me as bycatch

I was also going to fish with another mate down there in his hornet but unfortunately he broke his ankle

My boat did get into the water a few times a couple by myself and once with my nephew and once with Tessa who will put her own report up On the trip with my nephew I managed a 95cm flattie and several bream On the trips by myself I caught plenty of bream another good 76cm flattie a few tarwine and a few whiting

All fish were caught on 7ft and 6ft8in custom rods matched with 1000 FI stradics 4lb stren microfuse and 6lb sunline FC rock leader Successful lures were ecogear VX40s in matt olive(95cm flattie caught on this one) berkely 3in gulp minnows in pearl watermelon(72cm and 76cm flatties caught on this one) and peppered prawn rigged on 1/12th no1 jigheads made by Hooky I also threw a berkely MF40 in watermelon pearl around for a while and managed one bream on it

Not too many pics taken as you can only take so many of bream

Biggest bream went 35cm to the fork of the tail with most bream around 30cm very few undersize caught

Note to self must get a bragmat

76cm flattie

post-62-1263194616_thumb.jpg

95cm flattie

post-62-1263194667_thumb.jpg

post-62-1263194755_thumb.jpg

post-62-1263194819_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Iceman

Sounds like a good 2 weeks andrew

we just got back and spent the last week there i was fishing the basin every day, my reports are opposite to

yours, 80% of my fish came on topwaters big bream and whiting, but i couldnt get anything deep ....

Had a ball but plenty of fish down there at he moment !

There were alot of breamer out there thats for sure.

Stevo :1fishing1:

Sounds like a good 2 weeks andrew

we just got back and spent the last week there i was fishing the basin every day, my reports are opposite to

yours, 80% of my fish came on topwaters big bream and whiting, but i couldnt get anything deep ....

Had a ball but plenty of fish down there at he moment !

There were alot of breamer out there thats for sure.

Stevo :1fishing1:

Hey Stevo

I didnt fish the last few days I was there when the surface fishing would have been better after the full moon

You gotto love that place the fishing is getting better and better