Anyone Know Much About The Reputation Of This Johnson Motor?

jewgaffer

Hi Raiders. I've seen a few Johnsons around in this particular grey colour which I would say might denote a particular series... Does anyone own one or know much about this series and in particular the 2000 60Hp model in the photo

I was wondering about the repution of this particular 2000 Model 60HP Johnson as far as performance and reliabilty goes. I prefer to ask the members first as I want to be able to pass on correct information to a friend who is interested in buying a good 60HP motor and found this 2000 Model 60HP Johnson for sale in Queenland

post-829-1263705039_thumb.jpg

Any advice on this Model Johnson would be most appreciated as the motor is located about about three hours drive further north from where my friend lives in QLD.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi, the 3 cylinder 50/60/70HP Evinrude and Johnsons have gone down as one of the most reliable engines ever made and were copied by another brand when they made there 3 Cylinder design. As with any second hand engine give it a good check over but i would not be concerned about that engine if it has been maintained properly. The grey Johnsons were around the 1999 and 2000 year models becuase it is easier to paint dark colour but the backlash from the industry meant they went back to white.

Cheers,

Huey.