Suggestion Of Braided Lines

powersalt

hi guys,

I need your help in helping me decide on what brand of braided line i should go for.

I will be loading this line into a saltiga surf spinning reel matched to a saltiga ballistic surf rod with a max breaking strain of 40lb.

I'm currently considering berkley tracer line and power pro of 30lb test.

Any other suggestion guys?

cheers

rocky

hi guys,

I need your help in helping me decide on what brand of braided line i should go for.

I will be loading this line into a saltiga surf spinning reel matched to a saltiga ballistic surf rod with a max breaking strain of 40lb.

I'm currently considering berkley tracer line and power pro of 30lb test.

Any other suggestion guys?

cheers

rocky

Hi powersalt. I think you would have near enough to the best of the braids in Power Pro.. Ande, the makers of very good quality monofilament line, also make a nice handling spectre braid that is about as good to use as most of the popular American spectre braids are anyway... Whereas as you get up in breaking strain, the less expensive dyneema braids are referred to as being more of an ocean braid because of the extra thickness and the actual lay of the line on the water...I've tried the 80lb in a popular brand of Dyneema and it was like fishing with cord in the Hawkesbury current whereas my 80lb Power Pro is smooth and unobtrusive and after it used a few times it was actually close enough in thickness to 15lb Ande mono...

You should make sure that the leader you use is actually proper leader material as such and not ordinary fluorocarbon line.. some types are suitable enough to use as wind on leader/ordinary trace as some of the fluoro carbon lines are meant to be rather than being used as a leader for toothy critters or around rocks etc....Sorry if it might be confusing but there are even some brands of fluoro carbon lines where the label is written in Japanese and they are not actually leader material at all, and a simply a good quality fluoro line.

I think using the fluoros from at least the water level down in the deepest area you fish say in a bay or a river might not be a bad idea at all... it might be worth seeing how rigging up all fluoro from the water level down works next time perhaps. I intend to replace some high stretch monofilament that I have with one of the fluoro hi stretch lines and replace Jinkai and Shogun leader with Seaguar fluoro carbon leader as I feel you have to take more notice these days of the actual number of sales in hi tech products and at least try them and decide whether they are helpful or not.

Another thing to definately consider is using a large fluoro bead down at the hook end primed under a fluoro light or a torch, as using a primed up fluoro bead at the head of the squid baits we used recently out performed the other jewfish rigs with the same bait which was the head of an arrow squid with part of the tube left on to hook into to keep the head intact and the lines with the fluoro beads outperformed the normal rigs by 5 -1

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: