Adopt A Newbie

JET01

Am a newbie with a half share in a 3.5m tinny that would comfortably accommodate 2 fisherman (2 fitted swivel chairs and a nice space in the middle for an esky and fishing gear or moving during a hook-up.

I get a fair bit of time off work as i do shift work on a rotational basis. 5 on, 5 off, 4 on 5 off, 5 on 4 off. Will be in the rotation until June.

No kids or Mrs :wife: , so get plenty of time to surf and go fishing :1fishing1: .

I'm new to fishing and boating, only getting my license on the 16th Jan 10.

I live in Cronulla and would like to meet up with a local or two to get a few fishing/boating tips off... Maybe a copper or a firey, in a similar shift working routine. Ideally you'd be a surfer too so would be happy to give the fishing a miss if the surf was pumping.

You'd need your own boat just in case my mate got a chance to come with me during the week (other part owner)

On the days we have to go in separate boats, i'll pick up some 2-ways just in case we've got a question for our mentor.

We only have the appropriate safety gear to remain in enclosed waters and would understand if mid-fish you decided to go outside for a change of approach.

(for admins) if this is in the wrong forum thread i'm sure you'll move it for me.

Tight lines gents. P.M if anyone's keen.