South Coast Bream

yartz

Hi all,

Got in a good few days fishing with a mate down at Bawley Point, past Ulladulla. We were down there to fish off the beach but the weather was not always our friend. But on almost his first cast of surf fishing, my mate pulled in this monster bream that was so close to 40cm I decided to give it to him, even though it was probably about 39.2cm!

post-8798-1264295285_thumb.jpg

post-8798-1264295321_thumb.jpg

In reply, I managed to drag in a tarwhine that gave a pretty big fight, kept running back towards the rocks. It went around 35cm.

post-8798-1264295427_thumb.jpg

The winds picked up the next few days and although we managed to pull in a few legal fish from the gutters in the morning, we had better luck in one of the little coastal lakes which sat in behind one of the beaches. The bream here were going nuts and we caught several which measured over 40cm.

post-8798-1264296045_thumb.jpg

post-8798-1264296080_thumb.jpg

post-8798-1264296106_thumb.jpg

post-8798-1264296128_thumb.jpg

All in all, a great few days fishing and can't wait to get back down for whiting season.

Cheers,

yartz

Wow some good fish there...aree the latter ones black bream?

Yeah. The lake we were fishing in was full of a really thick green weed (so much so that after bringing the fish in it will usually be covered in the stuff), and as the lake doesn't open to the sea very often, I think the fish must have adapted and become this crazy green gold colour. The pics don't really show the colour much.