Sydney Harbour

mudskipper

Decided to go out again under bridge..... this time with a diffferent plan.

normally i just bait fish with shop brought baits. As we are limited to public transport it makes bait gathering and transport a bit of a problem. so arrived close to 6am on first train in.

was squidding straight away in the dark and standing there thought you idiot go move around to the wharf and the LIGHTS. It was early... cut me some slack.

after 10 mins squid were everywhere. i only managed 1 all day :yahoo: , its so frustrating to be able to see them and have none of them show any interest. i through 15 colours, different sizes and rigs at them for nothing. :05:

with the one i had decided to hit the deeped water.

As i am rigging up the guys next to me hooks,gaffs and lands 71cm king. i thought this should be good. :1yikes:

while watching large rod thought id look for some smaller fish and spotted some pike (i think they were pike)

hooked one on pilly backup bait and lost him when he strted to jump. great fun on light gear 1-3kg spin.

next got the shock of my life. while i had been at the point there was a school of squid at my feet they just disapeared, then to my suprise 2 fairy penguins swam past chasing some bait. great little speedsters.

i could not beleive it. then not ten minutes later a school of what i thought were tailor atfirst but turned out to be mullet swam by under the bridge towards the heads. it was 10m across.

that was enough excitment for one day so packed up and headed around for one last shot at some squid.

long story short.... they won.

great morning on the water

trying to resize pics. ill get it eventually