Fishing At Tangalooma

ACIMA

Hi I'm heading upto Queensland and staying at Tangalooma Dolphin Resort on Moreton Island for a few days from the 26th of Feb.

Just wanted to know if you can fish anywhere along the beach or if the resort has any charters. I saw that they had some tinnies you can hire but don't know how far away you can take them.

If anyone has been there before I'd appreciate any feedback.

CHEERS ACIMA :beersmile:

Havnt been there for about 10 years but with the tinnies you cant take them that far, i think the borderline was where the water changes colour ie a drop off that runs around the island around to the wrecks. Its fine for drifting for flatties and bream and whiting. Can be good fishing from the jetty at times for bream and flatties, there are kings hanging around the jetty at times, you can see them darting around, but i have never seen anyone target them or hook up. Good fishing this time of year though...

Thanks for the replies fellas can't wait to get up there and wet a line :1fishing1:

Just wish I was up there longer and had some more "Me Time" as the wife puts it... :wife:

She's not that bad at least she's letting me take a rod up :thumbup:

When I was there last time i caught some big eye trevs of the wharf at night.

The boat they take people over and back on, leaves each night after the dolphin feeding. There is a big light at the end of the wharf that they have on for people to board.

This attracts plenty of bait. After the boat leaves they turn the light off and the bait gets smashed by bigger fish.

I used a 6 inch white sluggo and got smashed a few times but also got a few in.

When I was there last time i caught some big eye trevs of the wharf at night.

The boat they take people over and back on, leaves each night after the dolphin feeding. There is a big light at the end of the wharf that they have on for people to board.

This attracts plenty of bait. After the boat leaves they turn the light off and the bait gets smashed by bigger fish.

I used a 6 inch white sluggo and got smashed a few times but also got a few in.

Thanks Kingpig,

What pound line were you using and did you just pole them up or did you have a net with you.

Did you throw any hardbodies or poppers for bream or whiting from the beaches?

:beersmile:

• 1 year later...

Hi I'm heading upto Queensland and staying at Tangalooma Dolphin Resort on Moreton Island for a few days from the 26th of Feb.

Just wanted to know if you can fish anywhere along the beach or if the resort has any charters. I saw that they had some tinnies you can hire but don't know how far away you can take them.

If anyone has been there before I'd appreciate any feedback.

CHEERS ACIMA :beersmile:

hey bud, was there in november with the wife the fishing was good we hooked up 50cm pinkies around the ship wreaks aswell as trevally, heaps of flounder too. we started of by hiring the tinnes there its like $50 for two hours and their only a 4.5hp so it does take a wile to get were you wanna go in those things but you can pretty much fish were ever you like except around were the dolpins come in at night. its a good thing your taking your gear up with ya cause what they have for hire there is childs play, also watch out for flatties washing up on the beach and finding their way back in its unreal to see. :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

plenty of bream, whiting ,flattys cod , kings and cobes around the wreck. i dont know about the tinnies and limitations but around at comby point a small strech of reef approx 150m from the beach produces good snapper,spanged emperor,cod and kings but fish it 2hrs either side of the tide the current is too strong otherwise, use live bait if possible i mean any sort of small fish u catch ie:whiptail or the like, hope this helps.