Aussie Day Eve On The Bay

mcameron

Long time reader first time writer.

:1fishing1:

I have been reading several reports over the last 6 months and thought it was time to post one myself. I think I'm only posting one because we actually caught some fish. (yes you better believe it we actually caught fish and not a cold)

Got to our favourite ramp with the yellow submarine around 6am and the conditions were ideal for us to wet a line.(I actually packed the rods this time). Got to our favourite spot and as usual absolutely nothing. The only good thing was the big sports breakfast was keeping us entertained. Headed towards kurnell and things started to happen. After about half an hour we managed to catch a keepable snapper and there were tons of little reddies being brought into the sub. Over the next few hours listening to talkback radio, which was the key I reckon we managed to catch 2 good bream, 3 lizards, 2 trevally and a snapper. We also got a double hook up late on with a flattie and a great size trevally which was probably up around 40cm, but I was trying to get a stupid flounder off my other rod at the same time and the trevally got off as I was about to net it and bring into the sub. (tell you what I was p$%#$d off.) :05:

If only we hadnt run out of bait I reckon we could have doubled the catch.

Anyway we had a pb with the bream which was 34cm. Doesnt sound big but for us amatuers its a good start.

Now for a drink

:beersmile:

Cheers

post-8905-1264478083_thumb.jpg

Long time reader first time writer.

:1fishing1:

I have been reading several reports over the last 6 months and thought it was time to post one myself. I think I'm only posting one because we actually caught some fish. (yes you better believe it we actually caught fish and not a cold)

Got to our favourite ramp with the yellow submarine around 6am and the conditions were ideal for us to wet a line.(I actually packed the rods this time). Got to our favourite spot and as usual absolutely nothing. The only good thing was the big sports breakfast was keeping us entertained. Headed towards kurnell and things started to happen. After about half an hour we managed to catch a keepable snapper and there were tons of little reddies being brought into the sub. Over the next few hours listening to talkback radio, which was the key I reckon we managed to catch 2 good bream, 3 lizards, 2 trevally and a snapper. We also got a double hook up late on with a flattie and a great size trevally which was probably up around 40cm, but I was trying to get a stupid flounder off my other rod at the same time and the trevally got off as I was about to net it and bring into the sub. (tell you what I was p$%#$d off.) :05:

If only we hadnt run out of bait I reckon we could have doubled the catch.

Anyway we had a pb with the bream which was 34cm. Doesnt sound big but for us amatuers its a good start.

Now for a drink

:beersmile:

Cheers

post-8905-1264478083_thumb.jpg

That's good feed you got there were there a lot of snapper around last time i was there up around kurnel they were all over place and you bait disappears quick you have to re bait every minute in order to catch something.