Avoca Beach Rocks 30-1-10 & 31-1-10

DGF

Hey guys woke up saturday looked at the weather outside and said im gonna head out to avoca and give it a try.

left home 10:30 picked up mate got to avoca around 1:30 ( kept wanting to stop for food + need fuel ) anyway got out there and it was PACKED with people first time i ever went down there, started fishing for few hours with only yakkas getting foul hooked on my gang hooks, people everywhere were all pulling in bonito and only reason i wanted to get out there was to try my luck on a bonito anyway my pilchards kept getting hammered by yakkas then eventually they got so bad in the head that they were just falling apart on the cast, so i chucked a yakka that got caught through its guts put it out under the float within 10 minutes scored a kingfish was only small rat but i at least caught somthing :)

Sunday/today said ok i wanna head off to avoca again and try catch a bonito this time another mate picked me up n left my house from 10am got there around 11:30 and the swell was INSANE but decided to give it a go anyway trying and trying with pilchards, other people kept getting bonnies on people but i had 0 luck then RayR was out having a chat with my mate and got to talking :) great bloke, and he suggested i give my mack bait another go spinning on the spinning ledge so i soon did and within 10 minutes i had caught my first ever Bonito :D was 47cm great little fish and enjoyed catching it.

prepared my bonny as Ray was telling me earlier when i got home i cut her up into some loins and dipped into some seasame oil and flour and grilled it on the hotplate and boy did it taste good:D

P.S Thanks RayR for the advice :D and pointing me in the right direction for my first ever bonny :D

Regards

Aaron

Well Done with the King & the Bonnie persistence pays off that's for sure.

And once Again good old Ray giving out a Helping hand :thumbup: onya Ray!!! :thumbup:

I am dying to get back up there for a Fish but unfortunately I am moving house at the moment so most fishing trips have been local and not to mention the poor weather has not helped me much!!!!!

Keep up the Good Work,

Regards,

Nathan

Well done mate those bonito put up a good fight! That Ledge at avoca gets so crowded it gets beyond a joke. North Avoca has way less ppl and just about the same amount of fish caught

How big was the swell today?

well today i was getting showered well more like bathed it pretty much came up and hit me in the face to say the least i can confirm one thing thewater is fairly salty as alot went in my mouth :P

well today i was getting showered well more like bathed it pretty much came up and hit me in the face to say the least i can confirm one thing thewater is fairly salty as alot went in my mouth :P

Saves on having a shower when you get home :tease:

Thanks Brother

Nice to meet you there on one of my strolls around the rocks yesterday,

glad a couple of tips got you a fish, and yes she was a bit washy there.

Congrats buddy, on scoring yourself a feed.. :thumbup: