Avoca Beach Rocks 30-1-10 & 31-1-10

DGF

Hey guys woke up saturday looked at the weather outside and said im gonna head out to avoca and give it a try.

left home 10:30 picked up mate got to avoca around 1:30 ( kept wanting to stop for food + need fuel ) anyway got out there and it was PACKED with people first time i ever went down there, started fishing for few hours with only yakkas getting foul hooked on my gang hooks, people everywhere were all pulling in bonito and only reason i wanted to get out there was to try my luck on a bonito anyway my pilchards kept getting hammered by yakkas then eventually they got so bad in the head that they were just falling apart on the cast, so i chucked a yakka that got caught through its guts put it out under the float within 10 minutes scored a kingfish was only small rat but i at least caught somthing :)

Sunday/today said ok i wanna head off to avoca again and try catch a bonito this time another mate picked me up n left my house from 10am got there around 11:30 and the swell was INSANE but decided to give it a go anyway trying and trying with pilchards, other people kept getting bonnies on people but i had 0 luck then RayR was out having a chat with my mate and got to talking :) great bloke, and he suggested i give my mack bait another go spinning on the spinning ledge so i soon did and within 10 minutes i had caught my first ever Bonito :D was 47cm great little fish and enjoyed catching it.

prepared my bonny as Ray was telling me earlier when i got home i cut her up into some loins and dipped into some seasame oil and flour and grilled it on the hotplate and boy did it taste good:D

P.S Thanks RayR for the advice :D and pointing me in the right direction for my first ever bonny :D

Regards

Aaron

Well done mate those bonito put up a good fight! That Ledge at avoca gets so crowded it gets beyond a joke. North Avoca has way less ppl and just about the same amount of fish caught

How big was the swell today?

well today i was getting showered well more like bathed it pretty much came up and hit me in the face to say the least i can confirm one thing thewater is fairly salty as alot went in my mouth :P

well today i was getting showered well more like bathed it pretty much came up and hit me in the face to say the least i can confirm one thing thewater is fairly salty as alot went in my mouth :P

Saves on having a shower when you get home :tease:

Thanks Brother

Nice to meet you there on one of my strolls around the rocks yesterday,

glad a couple of tips got you a fish, and yes she was a bit washy there.

Congrats buddy, on scoring yourself a feed.. :thumbup: