Clifton Gardens 01/02/2010

woodch0p

Sitting around today and decided to take the girlfriend out for a fish, I was keen for a flick on the sticks but the girl doesn't want a bar of it so off to clifton gardens we went. Wasn't expecting much besides the usual yakkas and fantail jackets. After continuously loosing the prawns to the pickers i decide to downsize my hook and put some bread on. Was helping Renee remove the hooks from a small tarwine when my rod buckled over it a big way. After some touch and go moments around the pylons it ended up surfacing and was a thumper trev. I made the decision to attempt to lift it up the wharf as I didn't want to risk it walking it around to the stairs as I thought it would dust me on a pylon, luckily it was a solid hookup in the lip so no issue with the lift. It was a pb for me at 47cm. Soon after a few kingies came out in front and didn't want to play, through basically every lure in the box at them. Did have one pay some attention to a lucanis jig but the hooks didn't stick. While I was stuffing around with the lures a nice 80cm model started cruising around the front. Renee decided that it must be hanging around for her bread bait on her number 4 hook. Sure enough she moved her bait infront of it and it smashed the bread and headed for open water. She was using my 2kg flick stick with 8lb leader, not a chance at stopping it but the way my reel screamed I though it was going to shatter a bearing. The hook pulled after about 30seconds, but she still had a blast feeling the sheer power of them. Secretly I was cheering inside that she was using the light gear as I would never hear the end of it if she caught a kingie before me. Anyway the kingies left at 430pm and we decided to pack it up. Good day fishing none the less.

I will put some picks of the trev up when the girl gets em off her camera.

Regards Daniel

Edited by woodch0p

Mate,

In like Flynn..... You now have a fishing partner for life... or at least until the kids arrive!

Cherish it !

Chris

The down side is that fishing is no longer an exuse to hang with the boys. Just hope she will learn soon to rig up a rod on her own and take the fish off the hook.

Wet weekends are a good time to teach the better half to tie knots and rigs and show her how to bait a hook.

I think its great to take your better half with you as when you go shopping they will also enjoy the visit to the tackle shop now they have the taste.

Wet weekends are a good time to teach the better half to tie knots and rigs and show her how to bait a hook.

I think its great to take your better half with you as when you go shopping they will also enjoy the visit to the tackle shop now they have the taste.

She actually knows how to tie knots she just plays dumb.

Can't trust her at the tackle shop...last outing goes as follows

Missus - why are you spending 500 on a reel?

Me - I need a kingfish reel.

Missus - why do you need such a big reel you don't catch anything big.

Me - shut up.

(She goes for a wander)

Missus - found a really nice small rod you can buy me!

Me - what sort?

Missus - st croix.

Me - how much

Missus - $85

Me - umm there's a 0 on the end of that figure

Missus - oh! So its pretty!

Me - catch me a $850 fish and we will talk about the rod.

Missus - catch me a $500 fish and we will talk about the reel.

:mad3:

Eventful times.