Dead Yakka Bait Question

5ky

just wondering with yakkas, can you still use them liek pilchards? I mean liek dead yakks, and just using gang hooks and cast them out, or do they work better when you cut them in fillets or strips or butter fly them?

reason im kinda sick of pilchards as they dont last very long, and yakkas are quiet easy to get and was thinkin of catchin my own bait and freezing them at home

pls advise thanks

will kingies/taylors/salmons take whole dead yakkas on gang hooks?

sorry for the noobie questions im still learning lol

They will but I'd cut the tail off to stop the bait spinning as much.

I wouldn't be using gangs on kings as a decent king will straighten them in no time. Better off with a single hook through the nose or a 2 hook snood rig.

Fresh dead is always better than frozen as well.

Cheers,

Grant.

i caught a king on the weekend with a dead yakka :) under a float from the avoca got hit in less than 15 minutes of caSting it in and to be honest they hold much better reason i used it was because my pilchards were annoying me by disolving before i even casted was a good thing i had foul hooked 4 yakkas :)

ive also used them butterflied for kings and jews

i caught a king on the weekend with a dead yakka :) under a float from the avoca got hit in less than 15 minutes of caSting it in and to be honest they hold much better reason i used it was because my pilchards were annoying me by disolving before i even casted was a good thing i had foul hooked 4 yakkas :)

ive also used them butterflied for kings and jews

next time buy pool salt and let the pillies sit in it overnight.....they wont dissolve after that no worries heh :)

next time buy pool salt and let the pillies sit in it overnight.....they wont dissolve after that no worries heh :)

the next day i had salted pillies :P and i didnt even use them :P ended up spinning a mackbait lure and scoring the fish :D