Live Trouble

adzzy

Hi All

Does anyone have a solution to stop your live yellow tail from getting all tangled up when you have 2 or 3 of them out on seperate lines and all rods are spread as far apart as possible

Cheers

Adzzy

Hi All

Does anyone have a solution to stop your live yellow tail from getting all tangled up when you have 2 or 3 of them out on seperate lines and all rods are spread as far apart as possible

Cheers

Adzzy

Large sinkers suspended off the bottom and shortish traces.

This way your lives can't swim to far and try to school up again.

G

Hi All

Cheers

Adzzy

You can fish multiple yakkas out of a small boat at once, and gregs is only a 4.2m. Few things to remember though as others have pointed out is have them suspended at different depths. You can fish two yaks on a paternoster but allow as much room as possible, ie fish them diagronally if ur on a boat and the other 2 at seperate depths. When fishing yakkas thou, and a few of them at the same time, you have a trade off, finesse versus tangles, you can miss a fair few stirkes. We tend to weigh our yakkas down abit more than usual so they dont stuff with the other lines, but the argument is you miss more strikes. Trial and error is the best experience I can offer.

Dan

Thanks all for the replies

I have tried all your suggestions before and still occasionaly get this issue when i have been to lazy to target squid looks like i may need to stop being lazy and go for squid rather than the easy yakka

Cheers

Adzzy

Yep.. use live squid. :1prop:

so true

if you must use yakkas just do what greg suggested

i dont like to use heavy sinkers with the yakkas i just use enough to hold the yakkas in the one spot

i like to put out as many as i can one on the bottom one mid water and one on a ballon

or just do as Ceph said and just put out some live squid