My First Time Spinning Ever (at Maroubra)

hooklineandsinker

not much of a report but i haven't been for a fish i a couple of week or more

so today i took my rod with some metal raiders along with my saltist 4500 (still not christened ) to work as i was working at maroubra 2 mins from some cliff /ledges

post-9942-1265350041_thumb.jpg

post-9942-1265350094_thumb.jpg

post-9942-1265350192_thumb.jpg

while i was scouting the ledges i noted these rod holes there was a large eye bolt wedged/ concreted in the rock.

looked to me like people used this at some stage to get to the spot were the rod holes are its like a 6 to 8 metre drop to get to the large rock then a small drop again to the rod holes what people do for a fish a good fish is not worth the being blown off a rock from a gust

post-9942-1265352173_thumb.jpg

any how not far from that area was a nice place to spin with rocks shelting you from the wind so theres no reaL risk but theres no chance you can land a good fish like 20m odd drop so i fished here anyhow

casting for while now like 30 mins then i lost a 40 gram raider so i put on a 65gram it was in its element as the 40 gram would have a large bow in the line from the wind on retrieve .

i hooked something most likely a tailor in the side but dropped it bringing it along the waves of white water

some time passes a bang the 65grams raider smashed i could see the fish before it struck from the ledge its a good fish well hooked too the saltist was screaming and my 10 foot 30lb rod is bent in half.

the rod looked so good and the sound of the drag was great to hear its was over as quickly as it started busted of main line 30lb braid rang the misses to tell her how unlucky i am once again then shot off home

lost 3 lures in a total of 1h20mins fishing still it was awesome ill be doing it again but at a different ledge i think

the ledgepost-9942-1265350382_thumb.jpg

long winded post but :thumbup:

mike

Edited by hooklineandsinker

i parked on marine parade north side where the bend is buddy

then walk to the ledges

Nice work hooklineandsinker, spinning is a very addictive style of fishing, and with a bit of work can become very effective also.

If you want to mix it up a bit, get some Slash Baits, small knife jigs and some skipping poppers to add some arrows to your quiver.

Cheers,

Bobfish