Wana Get Some Kingies Help Please

stevex

hello fishraider, im planning to go fishing on the weekend on the central coast, northern beaches or anyway around them areas and was wondering where i can get some kingfish, i dont eat fish just love catching em,every fish i get go bac to fight aanother day ,never felt the power of a king but tryed so many times but can never find the right place any help would be awesome and wat technic i should use . thanks heap :1fishing1:

Try a place called Snapper Rock its in a state park in the Budigewo area on the central coast ive caught some and been busted of by some massive kings when i lived up that way years ago. Fish of the southern side towards the bombies white water

almost forgot you can use any style of fishing to catch them ie: Live baiting with a float or a lively anchored on the bottom or lure or plastic fishing just make sure you use some heavy line.

Really any headland between sydney heads and swansea should have kingfish in the area this time of year

Try a place called Snapper Rock its in a state park in the Budigewo area on the central coast ive caught some and been busted of by some massive kings when i lived up that way years ago. Fish of the southern side towards the bombies white water

almost forgot you can use any style of fishing to catch them ie: Live baiting with a float or a lively anchored on the bottom or lure or plastic fishing just make sure you use some heavy line.

Really any headland between sydney heads and swansea should have kingfish in the area this time of year

:1welcomeani::1prop: thanks heaps victor78 ill give that a shot on the weekend a few quick questions um is it better morning night or during the day would pilchards work , and is it the place where the parking is at the end of snapper point road ,sorry about all the questions im just so keen to try my luck where i have a chance of getting a kingie , thanks again ill let you no how i go just hope i find the place , alot of people must go there have u been lately. :1prop:

:1welcomeani::1prop: thanks heaps victor78 ill give that a shot on the weekend a few quick questions um is it better morning night or during the day would pilchards work , and is it the place where the parking is at the end of snapper point road ,sorry about all the questions im just so keen to try my luck where i have a chance of getting a kingie , thanks again ill let you no how i go just hope i find the place , alot of people must go there have u been lately. :1prop:

Morning and evening are the best time but becareful as they have gates that close at certain times. live bait is the best which can be caught there. Yea the parking spot is at the end of the road just follow the signs once your in the state park

hello fishraider, im planning to go fishing on the weekend on the central coast, northern beaches or anyway around them areas and was wondering where i can get some kingfish, i dont eat fish just love catching em,every fish i get go bac to fight aanother day ,never felt the power of a king but tryed so many times but can never find the right place any help would be awesome and wat technic i should use . thanks heap :1fishing1:

Hi mate,

I use to fish the Old GAS works at Manly, at the end with the harbour in view. You can catch your live bait there. Float one out 1.5mts under a float. I also use to put one on the bottom, sometimes if your lucky you can hook up to a jewie. Try spinning with some raider style lures. Best times are 3 days before a full moon or new moon and 3 days after with a high tide on sunrise or sunset .I hope this helps you out, Tight lines.

regards,

Angelvic.

Gday mate,

I would get a rod at least 9ft or bigger a reel at least in the range of 5000 and above. Their are heeps of spots to catch kings along the coast so I would just do some research on the net. Once you have found the right spot try get there early. You can catch kings on many baits, sometimes they can take the freshest yakka fillet or the freezer burt pillie or a deepdiver lure So its best to have a few different plans. Once hooked my only advice is to hold on tight and dont get scared :1yikes:

Tight lines

shore based ive managed to land my first shore based king at avoca beach - rocks with a dead yakka under a float but on my boat i land them with just a waited live bait yet to catch one on live squid on downrigger

You dont even have to go that far from home,ive seen them in the harbour almost every day around belmain,heading up river early in the morn.i can see em, but catching them is a whole different story.