Byron Bay - Tallow Beach

paulthetaffy

Hi raiders,

Im off up to Byron Bay for a week soon with family. We're lucky enough to have hired a beach house right on Tallow Beach so with water at my feet I just *have* to take a rod :) Now I don't think I'm going to be able to spend much time fishing due to being there with family but there's a good chance of getting out for an hour in the mornings before breakfast.

So can anyone tell me what it's like up there? Is is worth throwing slices for salmon, plastics for flathead & bream, poppers for whiting, or just plain old surf bait fishing (bearing in mind I'll be walking from the house so no driving out to the headland etc)? I'm hoping lures are the go so I don't have to think about getting/storing/smelling of bait :)

Any info appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

All the beaches were fishing quite well before the fresh with plenty of nice tailor around.

Just make sure you check out all of the marine park zonings. I live up this way but don't bother fishing Byron Bay as I can't make heads or tails of where I can & can't fish. :1badmood: They are heavily enforced as well.

Cheers,

Grant.

You will find jew on Tallows. I havent caught them however I have seen the frames lying in the sand from the lucky buggers that have. Right up in the northern end. Catch tailor and put it out live. The north Wall at bruns might be worth a shot after all the rain.

I caught lots of chopper tailer at Belongil on pippies in october.

Be aware of the marine park gestapo.