Keeping Your Favourite Fishing Spot Clean!

Land based

• 1 month later...

if Avoca rocks is any thing to go by for rock fishing spots , yer its not good, its not hard to clean up after yourself, dont like to say and not throwing any accusations but IMO there's a certain minority which are largely responsible ,cheers phill

• 3 months later...

pigs can,t be changed,mate i,ve seen bins in areas mentioned,and all the pigs do!!yep burn the bloody bin,I guess it,s back to the basics how you,re brought up :nono:

Mate,

I think that's the crux of the problem. Unfortunately our sport attracts its' share of boofheads and no lecturing, sign posting, and forum blasts are likely to change their attitude. You can also see the same attitude on boat ramps, with respect to consideration of others and the environment. You can take a fisho out of Hicksville but...

• 1 month later...

I wrote about this very tpic numrous months back in reference to the area I live an fish - Milsons Point and in particular the mess left at Balls Head and around the Sydney Harbour bridge. It was a disgrace - also, on saturday morning I went for a walk around the harbour and under the harbour bridge a number of anglers had set up so many rods that it was nearly impossible to pass on the footpath. Compounding the issue was the mess with bait and rubbish impeding local ond visiting pedestrains. There is only one course of action that authorities wiill take - they will ban fishing in these areas unless we all speak up and inform these people that the consequences will be banning fishing .

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Well funnily enough, I got accepted into a bachelor of policing, so soon enough ill be in the cops, and hopefully bag some out some fines. One thing I would defo target is people with no trailers, parking in trailer parking spots aswell.

Edited by Rafinx

• 2 months later...

I read the article and post with interest. I can never understand why any one, want to mess the fishing spots that all of us need to use.

They can carry a full packet of bait or bottle of beer with them. When its empty and much lighter. They are unable or willing to carry it back with them.

• 9 months later...

Argh :ranting2: they ruin it for the rest of us. What's worse than seeing rubbish lying around my favourite fishing spot is seeing a floating plastic bag in the water!! Don't worry, I fished it out... but it really bugs me that people can't do a simple thing like putting their rubbish in their bags until they get to a bin. :1badmood:

Well funnily enough, I got accepted into a bachelor of policing, so soon enough ill be in the cops, and hopefully bag some out some fines. One thing I would defo target is people with no trailers, parking in trailer parking spots aswell.

Congratulations on the acceptance, I hope there will be less naughty people in the streets once you are patrolling the streets.

Edited by redpumpkin

• 1 year later...

I always take extra plastic bags with wherever I go so I can take other people's rubbish. A few weeks ago on the rocks at Kiama, a couple of locals and I filled a large garbage bag of rubbish left by other fisho's. Makes me angry and gives me a feeling of hopelessness that clashes with the pleasant nature of spending a day fishing.

• 4 months later...

I have a simple theory. leave it cleaner than u found it.

If you see some rubbish next to the ramp or wharf pick it up.

I picked up a birds nest of line with a hook and sinker attached at narrabene lagoon. a passer by saw me and commented some thing about fishermen being a bunch of d#@% heads.

I replied that I was one of those d#@% heads. only I was cleaning up after an a-hole who did not reflect mine or 99% of fishermens attitude toward the environment.

He replied, I take it back some fishermen are d#@% heads, I laughed and said yeah, and some people call fish sea kittens. I hope that was not too harsh on our tree hugging friends.