Have Changed My Mind

Coast_Bloke

Well after pricing all the fixing and motors and all that on my bro's boat. Have conned the missus into letting me buy a bream boat.

This is where you guys come in :biggrin2:

Having never "owned" my own boat.. I want one I can launch myself, has casting decks, etc etc.. pretty much something that could be taken in an ABT would be cool. But of course not as ritzy as some of them :tease:

I am looking at new to start with, unless price gets too out of hand, with at least 2 seats.. would love side console, but ones I have seen new go for way more than budget.

Any ideas appreciated.. it will be for estuary, and crossing into pittwater hawkesbury etc... plus road trips to glenbawn, and many other areas.

Not really looking at the family option as much anymore, but something I could if needed stick 1 or 2 extra removable small fold up chairs would be good.

I have a mate of a mate selling a side console... for about $9,000 but haven't seen it yet.. will get some pics and specs of it this week, and you guys can give me the lowdown.

Cheers,

Coasty

If price is an issue and u want brand new then u probably can't go past a polycraft for a value for money bream boat. both sponsors ABA and yabbie marine sell them so check them out at your nearest place. I purchased a hornet which looks very nice but I can't say I am happy with the ride. It is great for breamin and I also have no probs trolling pittwater/harbour etc for pelagics but it cost me about $20k brand new which these days u would pay another $5k and get something spiffy like the triton tinnies. Try to get a ride in a few boats and see what u like.

You definately sound like you should check out the Polycrafts. Great boat at a very affordable price. Come and see me at Yabbie Marine in Taren Point (or call me on 9524 6488), or see the boys at ABA in Penrith, whatevers more convenient for you. I'd be happy to take you for a demo run in my side console Poly.

Cheers,

Ben.

From what I have seen the Polys are a great boat for the $$$.

Do you have a ball park figure you are looking at spending? I'm sure we will be able to come up with a few options for you.

If fundsare tight you might be best buying a bare hull and doing the fit out your self. That is if you are a bit of a handy man.

Well after pricing all the fixing and motors and all that on my bro's boat. Have conned the missus into letting me buy a bream boat.

This is where you guys come in  :biggrin2:

Having never "owned" my own boat.. I want one I can launch myself, has casting decks, etc etc.. pretty much something that could be taken in an ABT would be cool. But of course not as ritzy as some of them  :tease:

I am looking at new to start with, unless price gets too out of hand, with at least 2 seats.. would love side console, but ones I have seen new go for way more than budget.

Any ideas appreciated.. it will be for estuary, and crossing into pittwater hawkesbury etc... plus road trips to glenbawn, and many other areas.

Not really looking at the family option as much anymore, but something I could if needed stick 1 or 2 extra removable small fold up chairs would be good.

I have a mate of a mate selling a side console... for about $9,000 but haven't seen it yet.. will get some pics and specs of it this week, and you guys can give me the lowdown.

Cheers,

Coasty

42112[/snapback]

What is your budget BTW?, this may help a bit in aiding us to make some suggestions.

Hey guys,

No budget yet... prob be between about 5,000 to maybe... 16,000... depending what my accountant :wife: says...and the bank man.

Spoke to Wakd today... thanks mate for the great convo :1clap: you sure can talk... (bloody salesmen...HAHAH) but yeh polys sound insane, but gotta try and justify with the missus 16G on a bream boat.... I am working on it.. still if i dont get the nod this time,.. I am still buying a bream boat, but might be second hand.. if anyone knows of one?

He he - good talking to you too Coast Bloke. We have three second hand bream boats at Yabbie at the moment (two of which have minn kotas). A small Stacer, a glass haines hunter, both with minn kotas, and a very nice Stacer Barra, that has everything but an electric. If I really was a good salesman I would have told you about those too today, but I just love the Polys, and know you would too. Give me another yell for details on the second hand ones mate.

Cheers,

Ben.