Daiwa Regal 4000 Spin Reel

Charles78

Hi Raiders

I seen the Daiwa Regal 4000 spin reel on sale i was thinking of buying 2 of them to use as heavy Bream/Flathead and squid out fits

I dont own any Daiwa reels and was wondering whats ppl point of view of them. Ive had problems with cheap ($80 to $120 price range) reels in the past ie: line getting reeled on to the spool in a V shape and getting bad tangles after a few casts. I will be filling them 4.5kg mono line.

Any comments welcome

Jesus Loves You

Hi Raiders

I seen the Daiwa Regal 4000 spin reel on sale i was thinking of buying 2 of them to use as heavy Bream/Flathead and squid out fits

I dont own any Daiwa reels and was wondering whats ppl point of view of them. Ive had problems with cheap ($80 to $120 price range) reels in the past ie: line getting reeled on to the spool in a V shape and getting bad tangles after a few casts. I will be filling them 4.5kg mono line.

Any comments welcome

Jesus Loves You

Hi

Better off upgrading a little and getting the excellor as i have both and the excellor is the far superior reel, besides i have problems with the regal now as it is a little ceased up. I do use a regal baitrunner and that reel seems to be pretty good so far - no problems anyhow.

I have a Regal 4000, it is the older model than the ones on sale but it has been quite good and only needed the drag washers replaced in the time ive had it. The drag is quite smooth too for a lower spec reel.

It is larger in physical size than a shimano 4000 series so be aware of that when matching it to a specific rod.