Dolls Point 14/2/2010

Hey Raiders,

Like the work on the site - thanks to all the hard work of the moderaters. Was down at Dolls Point this morning, thought I’d flick a few 2 inch shrimps (banana prawn colour) in hope of getting of flathead. First hour all I did was lose tails to the pesky toadfish, but then got a nice hit. It was too active and pulling too hard to be a flathead and when it got close to the bank I got a sight of silver so thought it was a trevally, still all good. However when I got it on the sand it was a thumper whiting. 43cm worth, on a soft plastic – couldn’t believe it.

Two casts later another strike, a bit more silver, thought for sure a trevally this time – turned out to be a kingfish! Only 25cm, but it put up a great fight on my light gear before I put it back in the drink. First time I’ve ever caught one.

Then about 10minutes later I thought I’d got a bit of weed on the hook. Was reeling in and it was a squid holding on to the SP. Got it right to the shore before it let go and shot off. No flatheads but a very interesting morning out.

post-8442-126613514486_thumb.jpg