Broken Bay Kings

davegroves68

Hi Raiders,

This new layout takes some getting used to.

Anyway, me and a couple of friends went out from pittwater on sunday morning at about 6am. Weather forcast was for showers but calm seas. It turned out perfect.

We tried the usual spots at West head and the Joey for some yakkas but lucked out on them and just got a couple of Travally. We then decided to head outside to the close in reefs and use the pillies and squid that we had. It started off slow but then one of the lads got a nice 67cm king on a pillchard, nice start I thought. A couple of Sargeant Bakers and Red Rock Cod later, and then off went my rod and a good old tussle with a nice 80cm King was the result.

post-10917-126623084274_thumb.jpg

Very nice I thought.That was caught on good old tackle shop squid. Another 20mins later and i landed another king just short of legal so he went back. A couple of bream were landed too, which was a surprise out there .

Back in by 1.30pm before the weather turned. A good day

Regards

Welsh Dave

nice work Dave good to see some nice kings being taken outside

i was out there on sunday but was fishing in my mates boat kings where not a target fish sadly :(

trolled some lures around lion island for 1 salmon and found a school of bonito for a little fun on light gear

mates called it quits and we where back home at 11am :(

got home and got my boat ready then went out again with my bro looking for some bonito for the table

found them on the the back end of the joey kept a few the table

we will have to catch up soon for a fish try get stuck into some of the big guys

what reef did you find them at looks like trawleys ?

Hi Raiders,

This new layout takes some getting used to.

Anyway, me and a couple of friends went out from pittwater on sunday morning at about 6am. Weather forcast was for showers but calm seas. It turned out perfect.

We tried the usual spots at West head and the Joey for some yakkas but lucked out on them and just got a couple of Travally. We then decided to head outside to the close in reefs and use the pillies and squid that we had. It started off slow but then one of the lads got a nice 67cm king on a pillchard, nice start I thought. A couple of Sargeant Bakers and Red Rock Cod later, and then off went my rod and a good old tussle with a nice 80cm King was the result.

post-10917-126623084274_thumb.jpg

Very nice I thought.That was caught on good old tackle shop squid. Another 20mins later and i landed another king just short of legal so he went back. A couple of bream were landed too, which was a surprise out there .

Back in by 1.30pm before the weather turned. A good day

Regards

Welsh Dave

Nice one Dave we were out in Pitt water on Sat morning and got busted off by something really solid which i presume was a kingy on the last squid i had(damn), even caught a nice keeper bream on a full squid which was a suprise, going to stock up on the squid ready for this Saturdays session

Steve

Edited by bunney10

nice work Dave good to see some nice kings being taken outside

i was out there on sunday but was fishing in my mates boat kings where not a target fish sadly :(

trolled some lures around lion island for 1 salmon and found a school of bonito for a little fun on light gear

mates called it quits and we where back home at 11am :(

got home and got my boat ready then went out again with my bro looking for some bonito for the table

found them on the the back end of the joey kept a few the table

we will have to catch up soon for a fish try get stuck into some of the big guys

what reef did you find them at looks like trawleys ?

West reef, there were a few boats around. Might be around sat morning if you wanna catch up. Then I'm off to see AC/DC. Not a bad day planned as its my Birthday. PM me if you are fishing on saturday.