Specific Bait

NoviceFisho

Hi Fellow raiders. I have recently discovered a reef area in middle harbour that holds some kings. I have only fished it twice without much luck. I have managed to watch a boat or 2 near me pull up a king or two. My question is if i'm launching from tunks park at cammeray and fishing middle harbour where can i go to catch squid and yellow tails? As i have only been using frozen squid and pilchards to date with out much luck. Surely if i present them with frsher and live bait i may have a better chance at landing my first kingfish. So any advice would be greatly appreciated as to where i could possibly go and catch this bait.

Hi Fellow raiders. I have recently discovered a reef area in middle harbour that holds some kings. I have only fished it twice without much luck. I have managed to watch a boat or 2 near me pull up a king or two. My question is if i'm launching from tunks park at cammeray and fishing middle harbour where can i go to catch squid and yellow tails? As i have only been using frozen squid and pilchards to date with out much luck. Surely if i present them with frsher and live bait i may have a better chance at landing my first kingfish. So any advice would be greatly appreciated as to where i could possibly go and catch this bait.

under the spit bridge :) i get around 20-30 yakkas there at times + squid just past the spit bridge near the moorings

I always managed to get some squid on the spit side of middle head, just cast your jig as close to the rocks as possible as the squid hole up against the rocks, def. the spit for yakka's and if your going to put down a live squid say at the wedding cakes always make sure you put down a sabiki rig first as that will tell you if there is leatherjacket around or not, there's nothing more heartbreaking than having a squid consumed by some leathery's thats taken you 3 hours to catch.